Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Reviews are Active!

Any official notices that don't make the front page will be here.

Reviews are Active!

Postby VxJasonxV » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:30 pm

Hey, let's get some reviews up in here. Review anything related to OLR!
Shows as a whole, segments of shows (Bop Mania get's two big stinky toes down ;), haha), albums, artists, games, let's get it going!

Oh yeah, and, I'm reviewing Pop'N 9 CS, any submissions by any of you will be promptly REJECTED, until I get mine done of course ^_^.

I don't know how I missed this before, but I just made it active, so... happy grading :D.

[edit]
Please try and keep the naming convention as clearly defined as possible.
<Title> <Ver> <CS/AC> (Console or Arcade)

So:
DDR MAX USA (doesn't require a CS since there's no AC version)
Pop'N Music 9 CS
Beatmania IIDX 10 Style AC
etc.

VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby Tiger » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:40 pm

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - Gamecube - Console

When I first saw the opening movie, it was gorgeous. It was like nothing I've seen before :O. And so, I hoped for a good game.Wrong.

Crystal Chronicles is about a character in which you can pick his or her name, job, appearance etc. and you collect drops of mrryh form mrryh trees around the world that only make a drop each two years. You can either play Single Player or Multiplayer each time you start the game. You also have to carry a mrryh holder jug thing everywhere you go in dungeons but that is not a big deal since you can get your moogle to carry it :D.

I haven't played Multiplayer or finished the game yet but i'm sure i'm far enough in the game to know if it is good or not. I'm at Year 3 and fixing to go to the last dungeon in it if you wanted to know.

What I don't like about this game is that there is NO PLOT. Please tell me what the plot is if you know because I surely don't know what i'm doing except for running around getting mrryh from dungeons and repeating. Probably the only thing different game is going to be the last year. And yes it is so repetitive it makes you not want to play it.Not to mention, it's also a short game! You could probably beat it in 10-13 hours. Not long for a Final Fantasy game, eh? I also don't like how they're is no exp or mp. It makes the game not long because you don't have to level up for anything.Final Fantasy games are all supposed to be about levels. But, perhaps Square made it a kiddy game since it is on the gamecube.

What I do like about this game is the graphics of course. I like how that woman talks at every place you go to before you fight. It kind of tells a story about the place to get the feel of the area :). I like how you can Fuse Magic abilites together, but it makes it more complicated later in the game when you have to use Gravity and Holy and keep on switching.

I don't think there's anything else in the game actually talking about. But, if you have played it. Let me know and I will review what I didn't put in here :D.
Tiger
New Listener
New Listener

Postby skie » Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:58 am

Nice review... if you want it posted on the main site you should visit this link ;)
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby VxJasonxV » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:57 am

Good job Tiger :). Now click the nice little link :D.
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Return to News and Announcements