Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Which Game Should I Get ---Xbox 360---

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

Which Game Should I Get ---Xbox 360---

Postby L3PA » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:17 am

So, I'm going to pick up my 360 in a couple days and I was wondering, which game should I get? I'm leaning towards Chrome Hounds, but I've heard tons of good things about Elder Scrolls, and I do love RPGs...

Any other game suggestions are welcome, so which did you get, or which would you choose?

On a side note, has anyone seen the Sublymonal Message Ad on IGN.com? Drag her tongue, I dare you, its awesome...
L3PA
New Listener
New Listener

Postby sephiroth1215 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:40 am

Burnout is really good if you don't have it the current gen version. DoA4 is cool and I believe you can get perfect dark for a good price in circuit city.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby L3PA » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:48 pm

Thank-you, yesterday was my b-day and OLR was down the day before I believe(?), so thanks for all(the 1) response(s). Kidding, I'll check out Zero that way maybe I can get another game with it.
L3PA
New Listener
New Listener

Postby LocoRoco » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:42 pm

i would also know what to get because im hoping to get one for my b-day on teh 11th.
LocoRoco
New Listener
New Listener

Postby skie » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:46 pm

I love everything on XBOX Live Arcade, but if you listen to the show you know I love me some retro gaming ;)

If you like RPGs, Oblivion is awesome, but don't go in expecting a Final Fantasy type of RPG. It's more like a classic PC role playing game (which should be too surprising considering the series origins)... but is absolutely beautiful with graphics, and the music is *outstanding*

Don't be afraid to hook up to Xbox live and download a crapload of demos. That's honestly the best way to know if you are going to like a game. Try to keep impulse buying to a minimum, LOL :)
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Eddy » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:24 pm

Agreed, with the high priceof next-gen gaming, making any impulse buys is highly not reconmmended.

First, tell us what kind of games you like and what games you've owned in the past ad really liked.Then we will be better able to help.
Eddy
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby DarkTetsuya » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:21 am

Gauntlet and/or SF2' Turbo. :P (Also Geometry wars, if you dig the whole chaotic Robotron/Smash TV vibe.)

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby sephiroth1215 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:02 am

Eh I tried SFII, it's really not that great. I still say it's best to get the anniversery collection if you have an old xbox, it's a lot better.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby drnoir » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:50 pm

SF is so laggy! Still, it's fun though, if you remember the arcade. Just stay clear of the quarter mode... drop off ratio is through the roof!
Also, if the guy at Gamestop tries to push a copy of perfect dark zero on you, just say "no, I'd like to jump, thanks".

Give Kameo a chance, it's definately not for kids. Also, Zuma and Bejeweled are great for getting others involved in gaming.

I've had a good couple of hoyrs with FIFA World cup.
But from thine eyes my knowledge I derive.
William Sheakespeare
drnoir
New Listener
New Listener

Postby Eddy » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:59 pm

While PDZ was garbage, what's wrong with not being able to jump? GRAW doesn't let you jump, the original PD didn't and Goldeneye didn't either, So it's not that much of a problem. What do you need jump for anyways?
Eddy
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby DarkTetsuya » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:20 am

Eddy wrote:While PDZ was garbage, what's wrong with not being able to jump? GRAW doesn't let you jump, the original PD didn't and Goldeneye didn't either, So it's not that much of a problem. What do you need jump for anyways?

While I disagree on your views of PDZ (I like the variety of different weapons ) you get used to the not jumping, or at least I did. I mean if you could jump you'd have players hopping all over the place making it that much harder to hit.

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby sephiroth1215 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:54 am

DarkTetsuya wrote:
Eddy wrote:While PDZ was garbage, what's wrong with not being able to jump? GRAW doesn't let you jump, the original PD didn't and Goldeneye didn't either, So it's not that much of a problem. What do you need jump for anyways?

While I disagree on your views of PDZ (I like the variety of different weapons ) you get used to the not jumping, or at least I did. I mean if you could jump you'd have players hopping all over the place making it that much harder to hit.

DT

Yeah I completely agree the the fact that more and unique weapons is definately more fun.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby drnoir » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:35 am

Eddy wrote:While PDZ was garbage, what's wrong with not being able to jump? GRAW doesn't let you jump, the original PD didn't and Goldeneye didn't either

Maybe it's my gameplay style, mostly sniping, I suck at close quater fighting in FPS's.

See, I didn't like GRAW, PD or Goldeneye either... call me crazy, but I see a nice sniping spot on top of a bulding or a rock, I wanna get there.
But from thine eyes my knowledge I derive.
William Sheakespeare
drnoir
New Listener
New Listener

Postby Eddy » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:59 pm

DarkTetsuya wrote:

DT

Bah, variety my a**.

Honestly, the only original weapons in that game were the laptop gun in the secondary mode, psychosis gun (which sucks donkeys), and the hawk boomering (which sucks donkeys or is cheap as hell.).

As for sniping. Whatever game doesn't make a good sniping spot accesible through non-jumping means is just bad map design IMO.
Last edited by Eddy on Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eddy
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby sephiroth1215 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:53 am

Heh if you like sniping you should try out Metroid hunters. That's all I see when I play that. Of course you need a DS for it.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Return to Console Gaming Chatter