Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Sony Pulls Racial PSP ads

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

Sony Pulls Racial PSP ads

Postby ssj100matt » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:19 pm

Heres an official Statement from Sony on the matter

"We... recognize that people have a wide variety of perceptions about such imagery and we wish to apologize to those who perceived the advert differently to that intended. In future, we will apply greater sensitivity in our selection of campaign imagery, and will take due account of the increasingly global reach of such local adverts, and their potential impact in other countries."

Idk i was going to call in on the voicemail and respond to this but this changes things a bit... Eitherway it probally wasent a smart idea to go this route to advertise it anyways... If i was doing it i would have done a Spy vs Spy type thing with the Black and White Spies from Mad Magazine... Short, simple, gets the point across and its nostalgic and animated (which is the craze now)... Anyways thoughts on this now?

btw got the info from qj.net[/quote]

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby Eddy » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:23 pm

Notice how it is the white people who are yelling "RACISM" around every corner? I think the most important thing is to know what the discrimnatee thinks about it. If black people don't think its racist, then what right do white peple have to say it is racist right?
Eddy
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby djratchet » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:05 am

Wow. That's... I don't know. I'm half-Indian and I put up with racism all the time at my school. (eh. Part of life) I didn't think these ads were racist. I mean, it is just an ad. Stop getting your underwear in a bunch. It's not supposed to mean anything. That's my take. I thought the ads looked pretty slick. And not just the ones with the two girls fighting.
djratchet
Supporter
Supporter

Return to Console Gaming Chatter