Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Nintendo DS Lite

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

Nintendo DS Lite

Postby krispykreme » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:52 pm

I really really really want a DS. I have the money. Its in the bank. But my parents don't want me to get a handheld. Do you think it would be a good idea just to buy one and keep it hidden?
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby YURILOVER » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:57 pm

Yes.
Click All Zig.
YURILOVER
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby ssj100matt » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:09 pm

If its your own damn money then why not... And i dont see any reason why you should keep it hidden... If you buy it then its yours... Its none of their business to care... But if i were you i would wait for a price drop or better colors to come out because i dont really think its worth $130... Then again i do have one but i got it for $36 hehehe

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby krispykreme » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:05 pm

ssj100matt wrote:If its your own damn money then why not... And i dont see any reason why you should keep it hidden... If you buy it then its yours... Its none of their business to care... But if i were you i would wait for a price drop or better colors to come out because i dont really think its worth $130... Then again i do have one but i got it for $36 hehehe
How'd you do that? And when I say "Its my money. I should be able to buy what I want." they say something along the lines of "Well its my house and my bed and my blankets and my clothes and my food."
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby ssj100matt » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:54 pm

If my parents ever gave me that crap then i would get a tent and sleep outside.... hehehe

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby GrinWithoutaKat » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:32 am

krispykreme wrote:
ssj100matt wrote:If its your own damn money then why not... And i dont see any reason why you should keep it hidden... If you buy it then its yours... Its none of their business to care... But if i were you i would wait for a price drop or better colors to come out because i dont really think its worth $130... Then again i do have one but i got it for $36 hehehe
How'd you do that? And when I say "Its my money. I should be able to buy what I want." they say something along the lines of "Well its my house and my bed and my blankets and my clothes and my food."

My parents were like that too.

Don't go buying it without their permission, you won't enjoy it if you always have to keep it hidden and can't play when others are around. Maybe try to reason with them some more?
GrinWithoutaKat
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby Misty » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:42 am

Definately wait for better colors, though. I think I may just say screw it and import an ice blue one... Heard they're not making it a US color after all.
Proud ACen masquerade gofer: 2006-2008
Reg Staff: 2009
I still vote for the fort. >.> :P

Looking for old episodes that aren't on your feed reader or the OLR PSP site? I'm probably one your best bets. ^.^

Misty
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby CTyankeeboy » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:34 pm

I dont think u should buy it because the lite really isnt worth it in my opinion
CTyankeeboy
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby Misty » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:31 pm

I futzed up my original one already, and I may as well get a Lite when I purchase a replacement if I get a brand-new system.
Proud ACen masquerade gofer: 2006-2008
Reg Staff: 2009
I still vote for the fort. >.> :P

Looking for old episodes that aren't on your feed reader or the OLR PSP site? I'm probably one your best bets. ^.^

Misty
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby sephiroth1215 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:24 am

Honestly I wasn't going to get one but since I got it for cheap.......I figured what the hell, why not?

I was surprized by how much I like it with wider screens and nice bright colors it was worth it. I also love how long the battery lasts.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby VxJasonxV » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:10 am

CTyankeeboy wrote:I dont think u should buy it because the lite really isnt worth it in my opinion
If you don't already have a DS. Which one is 'more worth it', and why?

Having said that, something mad fuggered up my touch screen, so whenever I replace it (no time soon, unfortunately), I'll be getting a lite.
I wonder if there will be any new colors by then.
[edit]
If I don't have a new DS by the time the Wii comes out, I'll buy one when I get my Wii.
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby GrinWithoutaKat » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:41 am

My original plan was to get a White Lite and a matching White Wii.. but now I want the baby pink Lite.. think they'll do a baby pink Wii within the first six months?

GrinWithoutaKat
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Return to Console Gaming Chatter