Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

:::Peter Jackson to Produce the Halo movie:::

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

:::Peter Jackson to Produce the Halo movie:::

Postby ssj100matt » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:33 pm

As much as i HATE Halo and its fanbase I may end up seeing this movie if Peter Jacksons team including WETA is going to be working on this... This is a knife in the heart to Lord of the Rings and Tolkien fans because this means that they will have to wait longer for "The Hobbit" to be made...

[Link]

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21470
ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby skie » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:29 pm

I wouldn't say I hate Halo (I play it once in a while) ... but I don't really understand why this is huge news... obviosuly it'll probably get brought up on this weeks podcast... but he's just producing, not directing... the movie might still suck :P
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby metroid_eater » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:17 am

I am not fond of halo, but I agree with skie, it's possible we can have another Alone In The Dark........, well, I shouldn't go THAT far, it can still suck.
metroid_eater
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby skie » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:28 pm

I think as long as we have lots of titties and violence, we'll be OK 8)
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby metroid_eater » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:44 pm

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! you have me falling out of my chair laughing skie, your great!!
metroid_eater
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby ssj100matt » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:10 pm

Yeah eventhough PJ isnt directing the movie he still has his hands in it... He still has to pick a director and 9.5 times out of 10 Producers will pick a director that has the same views as them... And since Fran Walsh (produced LOTR) is also Producing it with PJ may decied (or be bribbed) into directing the picture, which i dought will happen... With 20th century Fox, Universal, and Microsoft all in this thing for all we know it will be a $800mill Mortal Kombat Movie with all action no story and will end up being successfull because the Xbox fanbase will see it at least 2-3 times.... But i think the reason why this is big news is because the Xbox fanbase doesnt know what a producer does and they figure PJ is the next best thing to Quentin Tarrintino or James Cameron whoem they were begging to direct the movie....

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby ssj100matt » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:20 pm

Yeah eventhough PJ isnt directing the movie he still has his hands in it... He still has to pick a director and 9.5 times out of 10 Producers will pick a director that has the same views as them... And since Fran Walsh (produced LOTR) is also Producing it with PJ may decied (or be bribbed) into directing the picture, which i dought will happen... With 20th century Fox, Universal, and Microsoft all in this thing for all we know it will be a $800mill Mortal Kombat Movie with all action no story and will end up being successfull because the Xbox fanbase will see it at least 2-3 times.... But i think the reason why this is big news is because the Xbox fanbase doesnt know what a producer does and they figure PJ is the next best thing to Quentin Tarrintino or James Cameron whoem they were begging to direct the movie....

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby sephiroth1215 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:32 am

I'll wait to see that one on DVD........or somehow find it's way on to my hard drive :lol: Until then I can wait for the Eva movie.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Return to Console Gaming Chatter