Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Snes?

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

Snes?

Postby kian » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:56 am

so im trying to collect some older games for my snes,so far i have ff3, secret of evermore and super metroids. would love some suggestions, cuz man has i been a while since the last time i even saw the snes let alone thought about it. lol thx in advance :mrgreen:
kian
New Listener
New Listener

Re: Snes?

Postby DarkTetsuya » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:52 am

whoa good to see some activity in the forums....

anyway SNES games huh? I'm up visiting my dad and he still has an snes and a handful of games... a few I definetly recommend:

Nintendo:
Donkey Kong Country - Great platforming game by Rare.
Super Mario All-Stars - 16-bit updates to SMB, SMB2, SMB2J:LL, and SMB3 (There's a version out there with all those plus Super Mario World, but I think it's pretty rare.)

Squaresoft:
FF3 - which you said, but yeah definetly nobody should be without this timeless classic.
Chrono Trigger - Easily 100 hours between these two games, they're both fucking great.

Konami:
Contra 3 - Even on the easiest setting, really fucking hard.
Super Castlevania IV - Not nearly as tough as Contra, but still hard at times
TMNT 4: Turtles in Time - Probably the easiest of the bunch, even on the harder settings.

Capcom:
Street Fighter II/Street Fighter II Turbo - Especially awesome if you have the CPS Fighter arcade stick.
Final Fight/Final Fight: GUY (GUY GUY GUY GUY... sorry) - If I had to choose, I'd go with Final Fight: GUY cause that's who I always played as.
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Re: Snes?

Postby kian » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:37 pm

Thx for the advice. I just picked up a handfull of games in bad condition they don't have lables so ill have to see what I got ... let's hope for a rare game lol. I did get a copy of legend of mana yay. I should have mentioned I play rpgs and action games. Thx in advance :)
kian
New Listener
New Listener

Return to Console Gaming Chatter