Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Revolution Controller Finally Revealed

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

Revolution Controller Finally Revealed

Postby ssj100matt » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:13 am

Well its finally been revieled the new controller for the Nintendo revolution... Im not going to put a link on where you can find it just go to any gaming site and you will see its pictures but all i have to say is WTF... From the discription i read from it, it sounds promising. I trust that Nintendo has spent millions on research for this controller but idk how im going to use it once i get it...and i also wonder, how the hell am i going to play Smash Bro's on that thing?... Everyones past skills with Smash Bro's Melle will be thrown out the door and it seems like it will be purely based on your controler handeling skills... Now remember its not the final model to it so theres still room for improvment on this thing but DAMN....

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby Deekman » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:43 am

This thing's gonna be great for FPS titles. Makes me wonder how it's going to play old games like N64 and GC (nes you an just turn this thing sideways).

I'm thinking nintendo's going to be selling extra peripherals again.

I think the system's going to be more minigame oriented (sorta like the DS started out as (wario, yoshi, etc)
Deekman
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby skie » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:07 am

Ya know, yeah it's really weird looking but I can't knock it until I've tried it. I can totally see the possibilities they are going for with this thing. I like the idea that you can take the little remote thing, turn it 90 degrees and viola! ol' school NES controller. Leave it to the ol' Nintendo to be doin something like this. (The DS was kinda a weird idea at first too....)

If I'm going to bash the Revolution then I'm going to bash it for it's (so far) lack of HD support. SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME!

Only one thing can make up for this and that would be a new Kid Icarus game :D
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby DarkTetsuya » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:29 am

skie wrote:Only one thing can make up for this and that would be a new Kid Icarus game :D

I seem to recall rumors of a Rev Kid Icarus title.... but I think it was on IGN or somethin so, I dunno.

Although I could totally see how a first-person bow-and-arrow scenario would work with the rev controller:

aiming the remote end of the controller at the target while simultaneously holding B and A on the controller in addition to pulling back on the analog stick portion (to simulate pulling back on the bow) then release the stick and B/A buttons...

its hard to explain but then again the controller's not your average controller, LOL...

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Return to Console Gaming Chatter