Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

My own Banjo-Kazooie gaming marathon

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

My own Banjo-Kazooie gaming marathon

Postby Deekman » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:38 pm

Hey everyone sorry I havn't posted here in a long time I've been busy with my own projects (mainly work and new baby).

Anyway just wanted to announce that over the next 48 hours starting 7pm MST. My girlfriend and I are doing a Marathon of all 3 Banjo Kazooie games in chronological order. So that's Banjo Kazooie, Grunty's Revenge and Banjo Tooie our aim is to complete them all in 48 hours 100% complete.

I'm not sure how many more BK lovers are left out their but it will be nice to have people watching and commenting and asking questions.

Remember it's been a while (over 5 years) since I've played most of these games so for me this is a trip down memory lane and to prove that old games are just as much fun as the newer ones.

Anyone who wants to watch head on over to http://www.marathongamer.com and wait for the countdown to finish.

Hope to see you all there.

PS.
If the mods deem this to be spam or shameless advertising please allow me to appologise and remove it at your leisure.
- My Gaming Blog -
http://www.angry-gamers.com/
Deekman
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby letshavetea » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:57 pm

Haha I saw this and i was like "Oh hey.. there's some girl on my friends list on MSN that has a similar screen name right now..."

I played through Banjo Kazooie (100% complete) over christmas break on my mac... beat it in 13 hours... and that wasn't attempting to speedrun it or anything...
letshavetea
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby WarriorBob » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:39 pm

You have a Mega64 shirt. Good times.

I never played Banjo-Kazooie, but Letshavetea assures me in IRC that it's pretty great. I'll look for it next time I'm in a used store.
WarriorBob
Supporter
Supporter

Postby letshavetea » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:13 pm

Deek, I was LlamaJuice in the chat on your thinger.

I was also the random weird names that were just there for entertainment purposes.

to list a few...
MrFail
PoopEater
BanjoBoy123 (after you booted the orriginal one for shouting to cheat I used his name as a joke)
CROWD (during the Furnace Fun part on BK)
ILikeLittleBoys
LittleBoy
ShoeOnHead
NeedsMoarShoeOnHead
HeadUnderShoe
etc...

Kiki banned me when I started saying that Mr Fail shirts will be available in the store...
letshavetea
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Deekman » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:20 am

letshavetea wrote:Deek, I was LlamaJuice in the chat on your thinger.

I was also the random weird names that were just there for entertainment purposes.

to list a few...
MrFail
PoopEater
BanjoBoy123 (after you booted the orriginal one for shouting to cheat I used his name as a joke)
CROWD (during the Furnace Fun part on BK)
ILikeLittleBoys
LittleBoy
ShoeOnHead
NeedsMoarShoeOnHead
HeadUnderShoe
etc...

Kiki banned me when I started saying that Mr Fail shirts will be available in the store...

Haha sorry about thatt she can get a little over bearing at times but you were great to have their. This whole thing was such a great time I don't even know where to start thanks alot for this guys.
- My Gaming Blog -
Deekman
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby letshavetea » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:27 am

To be honest I'm glad she banned me.. You were distracting me from my work lol.

It was definitely entertaining... however.. Kiki permabanned me... so.. if there are any future activities I can't join in.....

Did you guys finish BT on time?

EDIT: oh and Skie is 34X cooler than you guys... he did SHOE ON HEAD last night. Win.
letshavetea
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Deekman » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:10 pm

letshavetea wrote:To be honest I'm glad she banned me.. You were distracting me from my work lol.

It was definitely entertaining... however.. Kiki permabanned me... so.. if there are any future activities I can't join in.....

Did you guys finish BT on time?

EDIT: oh and Skie is 34X cooler than you guys... he did SHOE ON HEAD last night. Win.

Haha oh heck no. We failed hardcore at BT. We're going to be finishing it up this coming weekend. I'm thinking next time that if we go until 7pm I'll drop OLR Live cross promotion is for winners!
- My Gaming Blog -
Deekman
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby J-rod » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:17 am

Banjo-Kazooie is the first game I ever finished 100%. I had maps of every world and marked down where all the items were. That oil tanker level was possibly the most aggravating level of all time.

I never knew they came out with a sequel though. Was it released here in North America? If so,when? I had an N64 and PS1 and I don't remember hearing a word about the 2nd game.
J-rod
New Listener
New Listener

Postby letshavetea » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:36 pm

Yea, Rusty Bucket Bay (the oil tanker level) was a naughty word in that chat room for that reason entirely...

The sequel (Banjo Tooie) was released in the US in November of 2000.

Gamespot gave it a 9.6... crazies.. http://www.gamespot.com/n64/action/banjotooie/
letshavetea
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Return to Console Gaming Chatter