Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

New Smash Bros Brawl site

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

Postby sephiroth1215 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:44 am

darkshy wrote:
sephiroth1215 wrote:Yeah well he better not be broken like in Melee.
actually he is only broken in the american version. In the UK his moves are not as powerful. Actually everyone is a tad more even in terms of match ups. I hope it's like that in american brawl.

Oh wow I did not know that, that gives me hope that that the characters will be more even.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby darkshy » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:18 pm

New stage is up check the first page. This stage looks fun.
darkshy
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby ssj100matt » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:46 am

Princess Zelda has just been announced... Here are a few screen shots from the site...

Amazingly enough, there are no images of her in Sheik form... I hope this means that they did what i wanted and split them into separate characters... Also, is it just me or did they somehow make her hotter? :P

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby darkshy » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:20 am

Well that is zelda from Twilight Princess, so mabey they were made seperate.
darkshy
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby ssj100matt » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:39 pm

The site has just put up a new item called "Assist Trophy"... To put it bluntly its basically another Pokeball type of item that summons a character to assist you... Some examples that they show are....

Hammer Bros'

Nintendogs

And Samurai Goro from F-Zero

This could be an amazing concept... It just makes me wonder even more who else will be in this game...

This game can't come out fast enough... I can guarantee E3 will leave us Smash Bros' fans in a fanboy coma...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby act_deft » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:04 pm

Bowser is now confirmed as a returning character
act_deft
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby darkshy » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:09 am

I think they are probably just gonna bring all the characters back just tweak a few of the copy characters (ex: C.Falcon and Ganondorf)
darkshy
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby DarkTetsuya » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:53 pm

Pokemon Trainer, I choose you!

DT
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby ssj100matt » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:04 pm

DarkTetsuya wrote:Pokemon Trainer, I choose you!

DT

That was definatly an out of far left field choice... I know a lot of people wrote Ash Catchum in the character suggestion survey a few months back... It makes me wonder even more if Chrono actually has a chance :P.... I'm still holding out hope for Little Mac and Simon Belmont... One can only dream...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:00 pm

ssj100matt wrote:
DarkTetsuya wrote:Pokemon Trainer, I choose you!

DT

That was definatly an out of far left field choice... I know a lot of people wrote Ash Catchum in the character suggestion survey a few months back... It makes me wonder even more if Chrono actually has a chance :P.... I'm still holding out hope for Little Mac and Simon Belmont... One can only dream...

Also, I heard rumors that Sonic/Tails may actually have made it into the game... honestly it wouldn't surprise me. it's not like they couldn't do it, and then there's the whole Mario vs. Sonic at the Olympic Games crossover, so it could definetly happen... (Also don't you think Snake in SSBB is a followup crosssover from the days of MGS:TTS on the Gamecube? Yoshi did have a minor cameo, after all... ;P)

DT
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby darkshy » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:34 pm

seeing as I can't post movies from the site and such I just have to say look and have a fangasm. Well nt if you don't want to.
darkshy
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby ssj100matt » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:55 pm

Diddy Kong has been announced... I wonder if this is a pattern... 1 new Character every monday?... That would be nice, considering the site has been cock teasing us for so long...

BTW the single player mode is looking better and better...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby ssj100matt » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:40 am

Ladies and Gentlemen the moment that we have all been waiting for has been announced...

Brawl is officially ONLINE

This is copy and pasted directly from the Dojo website: Sorry :P

I will give my thoughts on it later

This game supports Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. If you connect your Wii to the Internet, you can enjoy linked battles with distant people!

But because this form of communication is greatly affected by the distance between you and your opponent, your brawls may not run smoothly if you’re really far apart—like, for instance, if you’re connecting between Japan and America.

The more distant you are, the worse your connection becomes, and the slower it feels. I apologize, but I hope you understand.

There are two primary connection methods. The names of these methods are "With Friends" and "With Anyone." The menus and structures of each method are pretty different.

With Friends

Wii friends who have registered one another’s names can play together freely.

screenshot

Register your friends!

If you’re registered as friends, you can check each other’s status. If a friend is online and you earn his or her consent, you can enter a battle.

You can change your icon...

And even send short messages during brawls!

These short messages are entered in advance, and you send them by taunting. There are four messages for the four directions on the + Control Pad: Up, down, left and right.

With friends, you can brawl any way you like. And there are other modes besides just free-for-alls.

With Anyone

You can also battle with people you don’t know who are looking for brawls. The most important point here is that you will not know each other’s names.

If you think of your opponent as a simple scarecrow, any psychological barriers may melt away.

Your opponent will not know your name or any information about you, and neither of you can send short messages. There will also be no battle records kept for this mode, so whether you win or lose, it doesn’t matter. Just sit back and play.

Now, while you’re waiting for a match to start, you can kill time with a little practice on Sandbag.

Practice, practice!

We’re planning a number of services that make use of Wi-Fi, but we’ll reveal them gradually with the other modes. Enjoy.

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby darkshy » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:04 pm

damn! you beat me to it! But yes I was so stoked about this I was jumping for joy. I just gotta see the lag now so what happens.
darkshy
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby VxJasonxV » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:21 am

Sexy. Absolutely sexy.
Anonymity can be a good thing. I think in the Wii's primary demographic, it's better.

No "LilCutey13"'s running amok (read: bald headed 40 year old guys)
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Console Gaming Chatter