Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

World of Warcraft

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

World of Warcraft

Postby Xearo » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:52 pm

Just curious if anyone is playing. I quit EQ2 cause it was boring the hell out of me and decided to try WoW and its awesome like a prostitute in philly on a tuesday. Anyone else care about it?
Xearo
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby skie » Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:42 am

What's so great about it? Not to knock on the game, I'm sure it's spiffy, but I seriously want to know what's so great about it. LOL! I just know a lot of people have been leaving my beloved FFXI for WoW... I'm just kinda curious what the big draw is. I've never really been "into" Warcraft, and when I watched my friend play a beta of this, I was kinda like "ooo pretty" but outside of that sorta.... *shrug* didn't look like something I would get into anytime soon....

...Unless there's lots of violence and sex or something.
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Xearo » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:26 am

The reason i think its so cool is because its a lot like EQ1 which is my most favorite MMORPG (more pig) of all time, not to mention it was the first game i really got addicted to. WoW is not like real warcraft at all and belive me i also was not ever into warcraft, i hate RTS games with a passion which is why i was so leery to try it out. Its very straight forward with what you need to do and when you need to do it or where you need to go to do a certain quest or whatever. Its also very colorful and pleasing to look at. In addition to all that its really easy to solo which is a big plus for me... dont get me wrong i love grouping, my best friend and i have a duo of a warrior + shaman team and we kick so much ass its insane. Its cool though because if one of us isnt on we dont have to worry about finding someone else to group with we can just go out and solo easily untill the other person gets on. All around its just a well thought out rpg with the casual gamer in mind, which by no means am i a casual player but with that in mind it also makes it a little easier for the power gamer such as myself. To get the full grasp of what im saying you might want to give it a try even if you have no intention of sticking with it just give it a shot you might actually be suprised.
Xearo
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby Sephy » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:20 pm

Not ebing the RTS sadist here o_O WoW was a let down, and acutally a very kickass thing ^^; orgionally when I found out it was going to be a 3rd person MMORPG (like the rest of the mmorpgs out there) I was discouraged to but the thing, but I got a bite at the beta test and really enjoyed what I got.

Probbly one of the bigger draws from it was it did'nt take so long to level up then most MMORPGs, and you did'nt lose exp when you died, which was a turnoff for me when I got to FFXI.

I'm a cold blooded fan for FFXI!! But like in WoW when you changed into a differant piece of clothing, you...Noticed o_O for pretty flashy fights, magic, and towns; It's FFXI who'd win I'm sure. As for exploration.. WoW may get the metal for having an awing design in it's world, but FFXI wins for just having a belivable ammount of monsters in the world.

For me, it's pretty even. In the end tho, I'd side with FFXI, because that log in screen is just so damn entertaining
Sephy
New Listener
New Listener

Postby Deekman » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:07 am

I got this game today (after one of my mates at work has been tring to push it onto me for the last month) I've got a free 10 day trial and at the moment an an undead arlock. Now these rn't usually my kind of games and honestly I can only sit through so much because they
a. bore me and
b. I don't get on with other players in a team environment so my MMO gaming's not that great.

I'll try this for the next few days hoewever (although I am leaving to Japan on saturday eee!) soI won't have long to try it out and I'll let you know how I go.

Remember this is my first exprience with an MMO (aside from a little bit of ragnarok and some Maple Story) so I don't have anything to compare it to really but it remains to be seen how I like it.

At the moment I'm TRYING to get into it but it's just i dunno taking too long I guess. I don't like games where i can click on a bad guy then sit back and watch myself attack. I'd prefer an action game, jumpin' in guns a blazing rapidly hitting buttons etc.
Deekman
Website Staff
Website Staff

Return to Console Gaming Chatter