Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Nintendo DS!!

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

Nintendo DS!!

Postby DancingDan » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:21 pm

Its coming in 3 days!! Woohoo! Anyone else wanting to get this? Or are you like the many skepticalists (is that a word?) who think it will just be a GBA with an extra screen?

I personally think it will be awesome. Im really looking forward to the wifi Metroid Prime: Hunters. Should be good. Stylis control will be interesting.
DancingDan
New Listener
New Listener

Postby VxJasonxV » Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:53 pm

I have one reason to buy a DS:
Mario 64DS or whatever it's official name is.
I love Mario 64, it's my favorite mario, hands down ;_;.
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby Icechan » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:43 pm

I'm seriously anticipating Wario Ware DS. The addition of the stylus makes it look incredibly addictive.
Icechan
New Listener
New Listener

Postby skie » Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:53 pm

mario 64 ds is amazing, and i haven't even played the actual game yet! LOL just all the freakin mini-games and multiplayer (slide race, yay)

wario ware 64 I got to play a little bit of at E3 and it was so rad. LOL... i got to use the stylus to chop vegtables. hahahah i love that game.
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Xearo » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:31 pm

Im going to buy one probably cause im a product whore =P But aside form that i am really exited about it, it looks badass.
Xearo
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby podo » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:25 am

I really don't think the DS is all that great. For one, its a bit complicated. I just dont see how you can grow a third hand out of your chest to controll the bottom screen. Second off, its great and all that it has internet play and what not, but you have to be in hot spots which is a real downer compared to the PSP's go anywhere appeal. The PSP's also has dominance in shear power. What would you rather have in your pocket, an n64 or a playstation 2. The answer is quite obvious.
Fear the penny.
podo
New Listener
New Listener

Postby Xearo » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:28 am

im gonna get a psp also.. anyone know when they come out or if they are already out?
Xearo
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby podo » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:23 pm

December 12 is the release date on the psp I think. Its a bit late but it will definately lose a lot of business to the DS on account to the release date. Also I feel that sony has more licences under its belt, take for example, katamari damacy. I feel that sony is going for more of a platformer game view, that and hack and slash. While the DS is focusing on its strong points (IE zelda, mario, ect). The games probably wont be a breaker but it is a plus.
Fear the penny.
podo
New Listener
New Listener

Postby Xearo » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:00 pm

So i bought a DS and wow i think its awesome not only are they games great lookin but all of the features. The alarm clock, downloading, chatting i think its as kewl as sliced bread. Of course i will also get a psp when they come out cause im cool like that. But as for the DS it has my vote!
Xearo
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby VxJasonxV » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:14 pm

podo wrote:Second off, its great and all that it has internet play and what not, but you have to be in hot spots which is a real downer compared to the PSP's go anywhere appeal.
To be honest, I've really not paid any attention to the PSP.
What are it's multiplayer capabilities?
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby podo » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:08 pm

Ok, after some further investigation, PSP will only be avalible for WiFi access. Also sony says its not planing on taking the whole online PSP deal too far. Don't know why though... I think its best that wires were gotten rid of. The days of 10 lbs gameboys with a cord way too long just to play tetris is over now. PSP is going to also be hot for the fact of USB ports.
Fear the penny.
podo
New Listener
New Listener

Postby DancingDan » Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:28 am

DS is awesome! Well worth the buy. Mario 64 DS is great. Puts a whole new spin on the game. Plus the mini-games are addicting. I found myself playing Poker against Luigi for 2 hours. Control is unbeivably smooth via touch-screen. Plus the whole custimizable feature and the Picto-Chat makes it all even better. Cant wait to get my hands on Hunters.

Had a question about the PSP though, what is the battery life on that sucker? Last i heard it was only 2 hours......and of course Mr. miyamoto had a good laugh at the PSP. Im sure they fixed that problem by now. I hope anyways...
DancingDan
New Listener
New Listener

Postby Xearo » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:58 am

EDIT - Sorry moron comment, misread PSP for DS
Xearo
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby podo » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:11 am

Last I heard the PSP's battery life for playing a game (nonstop) was 6 hours, but for other tasks, its about 10. Also I think they moved the PSP's release date back to march :(
Fear the penny.
podo
New Listener
New Listener

Postby DancingDan » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:55 pm

Last i checked PSP guaranteed 5 hours with gameplay, 2 hours with movie play (wtf?) and 10 hours with just mp3 music playing. Im really not liking the way psp is turning out. Plus the price is just atrocious. Hopefully it is lowered now....i really should check.
DancingDan
New Listener
New Listener

Next

Return to Console Gaming Chatter