Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

2007 Predictions Anyone?

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

Postby ssj100matt » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:36 pm

Im starting to think that the PS3 will work out just fine... It has alot more potential than the Wii and the 360 but right now its off to a rough start...

I think in a few years the Wii wont dazzle people the same way as it does now... After a while the controls will start to be generic and the games wont have that much room to expand as much as PS3 and 360 will... Unless Nintendo comes out with a Wii-mote 2.0v i can't see it being this amazing for a long time...

Short term the Wii is going to mop the floor but in a year or 2 the PS3 will be ahead...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby sephiroth1215 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:10 am

ssj100matt wrote:Im starting to think that the PS3 will work out just fine... It has alot more potential than the Wii and the 360 but right now its off to a rough start...

I think in a few years the Wii wont dazzle people the same way as it does now... After a while the controls will start to be generic and the games wont have that much room to expand as much as PS3 and 360 will... Unless Nintendo comes out with a Wii-mote 2.0v i can't see it being this amazing for a long time...

Short term the Wii is going to mop the floor but in a year or 2 the PS3 will be ahead...

I have both both and this is exactly how I felt when I compared them at first and my opinion has yet to change. As long as productions costs for those HD games go down it should all be fine.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby MrWonderful » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:38 am

-Nintendo is going to announce an exclusive deal with a major developer, similiar in nature to the "Capcom 5", but they will make sure that these remain exclusive.
-This time next year, MGS4 will be running on 360 dev kits, for a march release.
-Devil May Cry 4 will continue the tradition of even numbered DMC games sucking.
-PS3 will get it's next Killer App in the form of WarDevil, an original IP from a new developer. Sony will then lock them in as a second party.
-(Bobby Blackwolf said this, I think, but it totally rings true) The Wii Friend Codes wil work on every game, the only reason Pokemon doesn't is because it requires interaction with the DS game, which has, you guessed it, 12 digit friend codes.
-PSP drops to under a hundred bucks.
-There will be a price cut on the ps3. Sony will leak news about another price cut after that, but it will be a new package, PS3 + PSP for $600.
-Banpresto will continue to rock my socks right the hell off with Super Robot Wars OGS and DS.
-The predicted "1st Party Title for each Quarter" schedule is true.
-DS becomes the platform of choice. If not next year, in 08, expect the DS to outsell every other platform.
-to combat the "gaming draught", Nintendo releases the independant development software. Wii Ware becomes the breakout hit of 07.
-I fail completely at my new years resolution to stop drinking coffee.
MrWonderful
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby DJPooEater » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:50 pm

--I predict that things will happen and we will discuss them..........
DJPooEater
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby darkshy » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:51 pm

nothing more true has ever been said....
darkshy
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby VxJasonxV » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:28 pm

It's not too late is it?

I've been mulling this over, a lot, and I'd like to throw my hat in the ring.

1. Sony is going to cite 'slower than expected sales' after the fiscal year ends (That's around July, IIRC), in order to shake up the styles of PS3s. The shake up will offer revamped/upgraded feature offerings. Larger HDs across the board, among other minor (but helpful) changes.
  2. New colors will come before that announcement, however.
  3. Microsoft will release a new WiFi adapter, that does 802.11a/b/g/n (I hope they don't make an n specific one...)
  4. Vista's gold/final release will bring a firmware update to the 360 not soon after. Probably adding "Console<->PC registration" for some bonus web content. (Get 360 content on your PC, flah flah flah)
    This will likely be limited to themes/gamerpics you've purchased for your 360, will be usable in your Vista theme. At least at first.
  5. People will compromise the 360 with Vista utilities (via WMP11 sharing, for example). Probably leading to massive homebrew developments and such. (XNA ftl!)
  6. Wiimotes will become inundated with custom cases to 'enhance the experience of games'. This will be VERY popular with Metroid, and one big corporate site will hit the bandwagon, and make a nice chunk of money developing wiimote cases for many games. Even some that don't really need it. Probably something like a unique wheel for every game, in which case the only difference will be artwork. All functionality will be identical. (In terms of, button location and some such.)
  7. A 3rd party game developer will come along and proceed to release a racing game, fucking up the above 'identical design' possibility. This will immensely piss off both consumers, and the business making those stock wiimote cases. In the process, their game will manage to play like shit, because it can't be controlled worth a damn.
    (Time frame? This game will come out a few months after the business starts mass producing Wiimote cases.)
  8. RoXoR's Road Rebel will enjoy only a fraction of the success as ITG did, and the "Road Rebel is just a clone of Tux Racer" jokes, whether substantiated or not, will become the new meme around the time of the first arcade release.
    Oh yeah, and again when the home version comes out.

I think that's about it.

Minor speculation, that I'm not sure will become true.
Sony will sell off their music division.
Sony will file for Chapter 11, if the above doesn't happen.

Just a thought, and I have some ideas. Not sure if I believe in them, however.
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby PumpkinPudding » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:47 pm

Halo 3 will come out early, but X-play will give it a bad review because they are so damn sick of all these Guitar Hero ripoffs.
PumpkinPudding
New Listener
New Listener

Postby DarkTetsuya » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:13 am

PumpkinPudding wrote:Halo 3 will come out early, but X-play will give it a bad review because they are so damn sick of all these Guitar Hero ripoffs.

I LOLed.

DT
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Previous

Return to Console Gaming Chatter