Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Everquest 2

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

Everquest 2

Postby Xearo » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:19 pm

Just curoius if anyone plays. Started playing EQ2 the day it came out... as for EQ1 before I quit I played for 5.5 years. Wondering if there are any other evercrackers out here. Please dont flame me for playing if you guys dont, its just a game and I can quit any time *takes another drink* seriously I can.
Xearo
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby LOKI » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:46 pm

No don't play it. FFXI addict here. I'm sure we have a few evercrack addicts here.
LOKI
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Xearo » Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:33 pm

Yea I tried ffxi but i just couldnt get into it.
Xearo
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby skie » Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:35 pm

I'm not too big on EQ, I'm also an FFXI player, but I can see how people get addicted :) I've known some evercrackers... hehe.

Actually what I'm curious about... How many people do you think, like you, quit Everquest 1 to go play Everquest 2? I hear they are having a tough time getting people to hop over to Everquest 2 because you have to start as Level 1 all over again, some people don't want to abandon the characters they've worked on for years...
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Xearo » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:24 pm

For me it was shear boredom of EQ1. I had done almost every single thing in that game including getting just about every character class to lvl 65 fully equipped. One I didnt do was enchanter cause i hate chanters but anyways... I had quit EQ1 like a year before EQ2 came out just because it wasnt fun anymore. I had 3 accounts and I could play them all simultaneously in my room which meant i could do just about anything I wanted to, in game. Basically near the very end I decided I wanted to see how long it would take me to get a character to lvl 65 with powerlvling... not long at all. So to make a short story long it just got really boring.

EQ2 is very fun, its almost nothing like EQ1 save for the interface and a few minor things. The quests in EQ2 are a lot more rewarding than in EQ1 and they are a lot more direct and player friendly. I dont know how long they plan on keeping the EQ1 servers up, though I imagine they will be coming down shortly.
Xearo
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby Lunarius » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:48 am

Yeah right Xearo, they will be up for a long time to come. Some of the hardcore EQ1 people did switch over, but many still are sticking it EQ1 (Myself included) EQ2 is so different from EQ1 that they shouldn't have even called it Everquest. I hate how the new race models look, yes they are customizable as hell but the basic ones are not pleasing to me at all. EQ2 is so quest based, you have to run about a million quests to get anywhere with the game, and everywhere you turn its another batch of quests to run. Then again you probably wouldn't value my opinions as I am an enchanter :P Also consider as long as people are still playing EQ1 in any sort of numbers they will keep servers up, because that's still money coming in every month for them. Plus they announced they will still release expansions for it. There are plenty of people fairly new to EQ1 still who can't run EQ2 on their comps or are just getting into it that want to make a good run of their stay in Norrath who will give SOE the money they want. And in case it isn't obvious, I hate EQ2 from my experiences with playing it.
Lunarius
New Listener
New Listener

Postby Xearo » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:22 am

After a while of playing eq2 I started to not like it, mainly for the questing all the time reason. Alas I am also just starting to grow tired of the mmorpg scene... I been in it for 6 years and its just not fun to me anymore.
Xearo
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby podo » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:31 pm

I gave up on EQ2 when I didn't get into the closed beta, and now its released. I've heard it really wasn't... well acceptable, so I went to another MMO that everyone loves... WoW. I think WoW is one of the greatest MMO to come out to date. I see nothing else compareing to it.
Fear the penny.
podo
New Listener
New Listener

Postby Xearo » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:10 pm

Im playing WoW right now... I just bought it today and I have to agree with you Podo it is fucking spectacular.
Xearo
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Return to Console Gaming Chatter