Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Best Buy employees CAN get PS3 / Wii

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

Best Buy employees CAN get PS3 / Wii

Postby JustiNIC » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:47 am

I headed to Best Buy last night looking for a copy of Gears of War, the kid working there didn't know what I was talking about, asked his supervisor, then gave me the "We can't release that information line."

So I wandered around a bit looking for a stand up or something, and saw one of the employees had left himself logged into one of those nifty store inventory machines, so I went and typed in the name of the game. No luck there, but there were these little news headlines listed at the bottom of the page about using radios and other varioius stuff.

One of them read "Employees CAN get PS3 / Wii" and the short preview of the story said something about confusion earlier. I didn't click on the story to read it because there were some employees nearing and I chickened out, but take that as you will. I remember hearing employees would be getting fired for buying them, but apparently not.
JustiNIC
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby skie » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:39 am

The "fired employees" story we had on this weeks show I believe was about Circuit City & CompUSA.... I think, and I apologize if this is different from what we said on air (a lot can happen from day to day), Best Buy employees have to stand in line like anyone else.

From what I recall about their 360 sales though they had to wait 6 months after the release to get the system. This sounds like it might have been changed though.
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby ssj100matt » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:34 pm

As a strange coincidence i was in my Best Buy today to get Guitar Hero 2... Apparently that morning the district manager met with all the employees of the store to talk about procedure and release day stuff for the PS3/Wii... From what i heard from several of the employees, they can get PS3/Wii's but they can only do it one of 2 ways...

Either wait in line like everyone else on release day or get it when they are off the clock...

Also an interesting thing that i also overheard from other employee's was the fact that they CANNOT sell either system within the first 6 months of its release on Ebay... Apparently they will be watched and if they get caught they will be fired... But the few employees i heard talking about it said there are loopholes around it... They didnt say what it was but they all seemed to know what that "loophole" was...

Pretty interesting...6 months sounds a little stiff before they can sell it on Ebay but i guess that will cutback on all the jackasses that ruined the 360 release...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby Eddy » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:39 pm

I work at EB, we only had 1 PS3 and 3 Wiis available to staff at launch. Kinda lame, cause now I'm not guranteed one. (A Wii that is.)
Eddy
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby sephiroth1215 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:42 am

I was told in my EB that the 2 employees who reserved the PS3 must be at the last to get them, not to mention he said only half the people will probably be able to get one at launch because allocation for the store randomly got cut in half.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby mikew0440 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:35 pm

I'm ok with employees getting launch consoles as long as they wait in line like the rest of us.
mikew0440
Supporter
Supporter

Postby PkerUNO » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:39 pm

mikew0440 wrote:I'm ok with employees getting launch consoles as long as they wait in line like the rest of us.

Which they can't, if they're supposed to be on the other side of the cash registers. :D
PkerUNO
PkerUNO
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby mikew0440 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:00 pm

PkerUNO wrote:
mikew0440 wrote:I'm ok with employees getting launch consoles as long as they wait in line like the rest of us.

Which they can't, if they're supposed to be on the other side of the cash registers. :D

Obviously, but if they're not working then ok.
mikew0440
Supporter
Supporter

Return to Console Gaming Chatter