Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Nintendo partners with Toys R Us and Gamestop for Wii Launch

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

Nintendo partners with Toys R Us and Gamestop for Wii Launch

Postby vandalous » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:23 am

Link to story...

Some excerpts:
Nintendo said on Thursday that it chose GameStop and Toys "R" Us as the U.S. retailers that will host the launch of its new Wii video game console, which goes on sale on November 19.

While other consumer electronics retailers, such as Best Buy and Circuit City may also start selling the unit at midnight on the 19th, the partnership could mean that Toys "R" Us and GameStop may have access to better Wii supplies.

The "official" Nintendo midnight launch events at Toys "R" Us and GameStop will feature live music and entertainment, and a countdown to the moment that the console goes on sale.

8)
vandalous
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Re: Nintendo partners with Toys R Us and Gamestop for Wii La

Postby ssj100matt » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:36 pm

vandalous wrote:While other consumer electronics retailers, such as Best Buy and Circuit City may also start selling the unit at midnight on the 19th, the partnership could mean that Toys "R" Us and GameStop may have access to better Wii supplies.

I don't see how that can be the case when most Best Buys are getting somewhere between 30-120 units on launch day (depending on the popularity of the store)... And ToyRUs's are only getting somewhere between 10-25 that day...

But either way if its a midnight launch that means i can wait on line that night, get it and not have to call in sick the next day for work (bonus!)...

vandalous wrote:The "official" Nintendo midnight launch events at Toys "R" Us and GameStop will feature live music and entertainment, and a countdown to the moment that the console goes on sale. [/i]

I just hope this "live music" isnt that Emo stuff they had on that Nintendo Tour :P

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Re: Nintendo partners with Toys R Us and Gamestop for Wii La

Postby VxJasonxV » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:02 am

ssj100matt wrote:
vandalous wrote:While other consumer electronics retailers, such as Best Buy and Circuit City may also start selling the unit at midnight on the 19th, the partnership could mean that Toys "R" Us and GameStop may have access to better Wii supplies.

I don't see how that can be the case when most Best Buys are getting somewhere between 30-120 units on launch day (depending on the popularity of the store)... And ToyRUs's are only getting somewhere between 10-25 that day...
All the party locations will have an additional truckload come by, I'm sure. That is, a specific Nintendo truck, not just a "store stock" truck. One sent independently, by Nintendo, etc. etc.

ssj100matt wrote:
vandalous wrote:The "official" Nintendo midnight launch events at Toys "R" Us and GameStop will feature live music and entertainment, and a countdown to the moment that the console goes on sale.

I just hope this "live music" isnt that Emo stuff they had on that Nintendo Tour :P
It will be.
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Return to Console Gaming Chatter