Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

So Tweak Bought A Dreamcast

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

So Tweak Bought A Dreamcast

Postby tweak_ » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:49 am

So...What games should I acquire?
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

I think you should get...

Postby alphacananogram » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:39 am

SOUL CALIBUR!
I got Soul Calibur I, II, and III, and I still play my Soul Calibur I.
alphacananogram
Supporter
Supporter

Postby WarriorBob » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:19 pm

Bangai-O is a personal favorite. Lots of things to shoot at and an anime-cliche story with intentionally terrible english that never comes close to taking itself seriously.

Also I recommend Zombie Revenge merely for its name.
WarriorBob
Supporter
Supporter

Postby VxJasonxV » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:15 pm

Bangai-O was an awesome game.
Get Sonic Adventure, Ikaruga, and... yeah. If you like Mario Party, go find Sonic Shuffle :).

[edit]
MOTHER FUCKING CHU CHU ROCKET!!!!
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby ssj100matt » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:10 pm

If you can track it down... Typing of the Dead

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby tweak_ » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:31 pm

ssj100matt wrote:If you can track it down... Typing of the Dead

have had that for the PC for awhile now :p
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby gs68 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:25 pm

Rez, if you don't have the PS2 version yet. I hear the DC version has superior graphics (despite the framerate being only half as fast) and sound.
gs68 / TsundeRay - The OLRmy's SF Bay Area representative!
gs68
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby sephiroth1215 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:39 pm

VxJasonxV wrote:Bangai-O was an awesome game.
Get Sonic Adventure, Ikaruga, and... yeah. If you like Mario Party, go find Sonic Shuffle :).

[edit]

Whoa wait, sonic shuffle???? Aside from the mini-games the way it was played entirely sucked, and I swear the computer cheated.

Also sonic adventure DX for GC is a better buy and chu chu rocket can also be found on GBA.

I would suggest marvel vs. capcom 2, project justice, shenmue, and jet grind radio. I had some really good times with all of them : )
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby ssj100matt » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:08 am

sephiroth1215 wrote:
VxJasonxV wrote:Bangai-O was an awesome game.

[edit]

Whoa wait, sonic shuffle???? Aside from the mini-games the way it was played entirely sucked, and I swear the computer cheated.

Hahahahaha I remember those good ole days of you coming over my place with that and bitching about the computer cheating (always rolling the right #'s at the right time)... But the game was fun though...

Edit:
Oh shit i almost forgot... Track down Seaman...

But if your a Fighting gamer i would say Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Street Fighter III- 3rd Strike are the way to go... Or even Power Stone 1&2

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby MrWonderful » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:56 am

It's a pretty obscure game, but Illbleed was pretty fun. It's a survival horror game, but it takes place in a messed up amusement park, where each "ride" is based on a horror movie, and you have to survive the park. It's extremely silly and funny.
Also, yea. Ikrauga. beautiful, amazing, just fantastic game.
I am a big fan of Tech Romancer. It's a fighting game where you control giant robots and fight it out. It's semi rare, but a good time. They make fun of almost every major mecha anime, and the gameplay is surprisingly solid.
Lastly, Cannon Spike is some mindless fun. A bunch of robot alien zombies invade capcom world and it's up to Mega Man, BB Hood, Charlie, Cammy, Arthur from Ghouls and Ghosts and a few other people I never play as to save the day!
I'll probably post more later.
Damn I love dreamcast.
MrWonderful
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby ssj100matt » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:29 pm

Ahhh Canon Spike... Everything that Namco X Capcom should have been...
Last edited by ssj100matt on Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby MrWonderful » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:19 pm

ssj100matt wrote:Ahhh Canon Spike... Everything that Capcom X Namco should have been...

You sir, deserve a cookie.
SERIOUSLY! how did they manage to mess that one up...
oh right. monotonous gameplay and no incentive to use the lesser known characters. and a worthless story.
*grumble grumble* at least some of the attacks were funny, and I did enjoy some of the throwbacks. I beat it, but only because I'm a strategy RPG whore.
Back to dreamcast!
I went home and promptly slapped myself in the face for not remembering my favorite DC game of all!
Project Justice.
It's a 3d capcom fighting classic in every sense. Silly, over the top characters, fun easy to pick fighting styles, and rockin music. This is my favorite fighting game (followed closely by the superb Marvel vs Capcom 2), and has tons of play modes, unlockables, and great fun. I've owned it since it came out and still break it out pretty frequently. I'd also urge you to check out the import scene. Boot discs can be gotten cheaply and easily, and there are some <i> bad ass </i> import games for this baby. the Sakura Taisen games are fantastic Strategy RPGs mixed with dating sims. And the import of Project Justice (Justice Gakuten) features a create a fighter mode, where you take your fighter through a board game to build stats!
good times..
MrWonderful
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby Eddy » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:08 pm

MrWonderful wrote:import games for this baby. the Sakura Taisen games are fantastic Strategy RPGs mixed with dating sims.

Fuck yes.

I have Sakura Taisen for PC (I got it in China). Best game with 6-8 girls in it. EVAR!!!
Eddy
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby VxJasonxV » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:21 pm

I didn't say Sonic Shuffle was a good game, it'd just be cute to say you legitly own it.
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby MrWonderful » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:48 am

Firstly, I love these boards. I just met another Sakura Taisen fan, Cannon Spike fans, and someone else who got suckered into Namco X Capcom. I really love this place.
Secondly.

VxJasonxV wrote:I didn't say Sonic Shuffle was a good game, it'd just be cute to say you legitly own it.

I can't advise against this enough. There is an item in Sonic Shuffle called the Curse Opal. This item has become a phrase for anything that breaks a game. You see, the Curse Opal "Curses" an opposing player of your choice.
Cursing a player means that they cannot win. As soon as they get close to the precioustones (the game's version of stars) the cursed character just gets teleported the hell away. In a three hour game, my friend was unable to collect one of the seven precioustones because I cursed him in the beginning.
He didn't take it well. So I heartily veto Sonic Shuffle unless you REALLY hate your friends.
MrWonderful
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Return to Console Gaming Chatter