Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Struck out at EB? Good news!

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

Struck out at EB? Good news!

Postby MrWonderful » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:36 am

Hey all.
Was surfing at work and came across this. It's a godsend for me as I just barely missed the preorder at my EBgames.
now lets just hope they rock some midnight madness and I'll be in business!
http://gonintendo.com/?p=6892
MrWonderful
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby ssj100matt » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:42 am

Toys R Us usually does bundles when you reserve so im currious what that will be.... With the 360 the bundle they had was 3 games and the premium system (i also think they threw in anouther controller but dont quote me on that)...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby MrWonderful » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:15 pm

Dear Toys R Us:

Die in a fire.

Thank you,
Sean.

I showed up at TRU on Sunday at 8 a.m., waiting to pre order my Wii. Imagine my surprise at seeing two employees in front of the store, a few random people, and a woman in the parking lot trying to get everyone's attention. Turns out, instead of selling the pre orders on sunday morning, like I was told, the store manager wanted to open late on sunday, so he sold the pre orders saturday night before they closed. Best of all?
Out of 18 pre orders, 10 went to a woman in the parking lot. She was selling them at 100 bucks a pop. THEY LET HER PRE ORDER 10 F'N WIIS.
So now it looks like I'll be scrambling all around, and probably won't get a freaking wii until after christmas. Damn.
MrWonderful
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby skie » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:18 pm

PLEASE call Toys R Us corporate at 1-800-ToysRUs and file a complaint against the store manager, that's unacceptable that they'd let some lady sell marked up wii pre-orders in the damn parking lot. I would speculate aloud the woman and the store manager could be up to some embezziling techniques, which really doesn't look good for their chain.

Let us know what happens.

edit: I would also STRONGLY urge you to e-mail something to Nintendo: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform.jsp ... I'm sure they'd love to hear this :D
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby ssj100matt » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:05 am

I struck out at Toys R Us as well.....

I checked mine the night before to see if anyone was there... At midnight there was about 10 guys playing touch football in the parking lot with their tents and chairs set up... I went home went to sleep and woke up at 5:30am... I got a couple of bagels, my DS and got on line... When i got there at 6am the guys in front were all sleeping and it seemed about 5-10 or so other people showed before me as well (about 15-17 people in all)... The guys in the front said that the store had 15 Wii's and 8 PS3 Reserves... I counted about 17 people in front of me so i was pretty confident with my chances... Because i figured at least a few people would get a PS3 instead of a Wii... (For some reason most locations let you get both but here you could only get 1 or the other...)

Well needless to say when the Manager came out at 9am with a binder and vouchers for the pre-orders... They got to the 16th person (i was #18 ) in line and said that they were all out of Wii reserves and that they still had plenty of PS3 reserves... Meaning ever SOB in front of me got a Wii instead of a PS3(take that Sony)... So i got screwed over again out of a Wii reserve for the 3rd time... Since thats the last of the Wii reserves that just leaves me to camp out Nov 18th in front of Best-buy... That is if im not scheduled to work the 19th....

-------------

Btw MrWonderful that sucks.... I would have bitched an made a scene right there... But i did hear of other managers in stores elsewhere (in the country) selling the pre-orders at midnight just to get the line people out of there and open the store late on Sunday... Either way call corporate and Nintendo... With luck maybe Reggie will come down there and layith the smack down...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby sephiroth1215 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:26 am

Honestly I wasn't expecting such a line at TRU since for the 360 last year I went in two days after reserves started and still got one. Not to mention the lines at EB and gamestop here were nothing, as long as you got in line an hour early you would've got a PS3 or Wii.

I just so happened to actually go to TRU saturday night to look at some sales and was surprised when Popanda turns to me and says "why are there a bunch of homeless people in front of the store?". At first I had no idea what she was talking about till it hit me that they were in line. I saw a few mothers in there but I didn't bother to ask what they all wanted out there but I was curious. This is why I'm starting to like the way EB did the reserves since I didn't have to fight through mega lines of people that waited for 25 hours. But I will say waiting on the EB lines here were cool, there were some awesome people in line.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby ssj100matt » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:16 am

Yeah alot of mothers were in the line i was in too.... But most of them were for the New Tickle Me Elmo THX... They had an early release of it that Sunday nationwide...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby MrWonderful » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:13 am

Thanks for the advice guys. I emailed nintendo about it, and am going to call TRU on my lunch break, and I'm going to the store on friday to speak with the manager. I'm pretty lit up about all this. I don't really know what they'll do, but I just want to bitch about it and they've got to listen.
I'll post up again after I speak with them.
MrWonderful
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby JustiNIC » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:42 am

MrWonderful wrote:Thanks for the advice guys. I emailed nintendo about it, and am going to call TRU on my lunch break, and I'm going to the store on friday to speak with the manager. I'm pretty lit up about all this. I don't really know what they'll do, but I just want to bitch about it and they've got to listen.
I'll post up again after I speak with them.

Good luck, I hope that you get some kind of compensation for this. Try using one of those Target locator things, I found one a few miles away that's supposedly getting 169, so that's where I'm headed come November 19th.
JustiNIC
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby ssj100matt » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:04 am

Well im happy to announce that since ToysRus did another reserve day today... I managed to get there early enough to get a Wii-order (yay)... Once i found out they were doing Wii-orders today i quickly camped out there at 3:30 AM... I got the 4th Wii-order today and im so relieved that i wont have to go hunting around to Targets, Wal-marts, Bestbuys and CC's to get a Wii on release day... Now i just have to worry about some of the games... But its alright because i already have Red Steel and Zelda reserved so by the time im done playing those Excite truck will be easy to come by...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby MrWonderful » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:46 am

Owned again.
I basically called and fought it out with the R Zone guys, then the store manager, and they will "reprimand" the R Zone manager who sold all the pre orders, and they confirmed that they will enforce the 1 Wii for 1 Customer policy on launch day.
That was it. I asked about the availability of the Wii on launch day, and they told me that I was encouraged to get in line for one of the 16 wiis available at that store at launch.
The line was 50 deep when I passed it on my way home from work on saturday.
*sigh* let's hope nintendo follows through with this massive system push. I really want a freaking wii, and the news hasn't been too positive. I'm sure I'll find something though.
Thanks for all the well wishes in this thread, but it looks like big business just doesn't give a damn.
MrWonderful
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Return to Console Gaming Chatter