Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Wii Pre-orders.

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

Wii Pre-orders.

Postby tweak_ » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:20 pm

I got the word today, there is a 90% chance you can do your Wii pre-orders at gamestop this thursday, for 50$. The store was getting 8 PS3s, and they saiid to expect MUCH much more Wii's than that.
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby ssj100matt » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:13 pm

Hmm... Just because the Wii is released 2 days after the PS3 doesnt mean that the preorders will be 2 days after the PS3's... But if that is indeed the case i plan on camping the spawn point (i mean EB)... But i may hold off and see if Toys R Us is doing a deal like they did with the 360 release...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby tweak_ » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:43 am

ssj100matt wrote:Hmm... Just because the Wii is released 2 days after the PS3 doesnt mean that the preorders will be 2 days after the PS3's... But if that is indeed the case i plan on camping the spawn point (i mean EB)... But i may hold off and see if Toys R Us is doing a deal like they did with the 360 release...

I didnt use logic for that, i talked to the manager :p
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby DarkSakura » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:43 pm

Dan hasn't said anything about Wii preorders yet, but it sounds like the store you go to is in the same boat as a lot of them around here in regards to the PS3.

*points and laughs at Ken-chan*
DarkSakura
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby ssj100matt » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:37 pm

Apparently on Kotaku and Joystiq they are reporting that the Preorders will go on sale Friday (yes the 13th)... Oddly enough the final word will end up coming with less than 24 hours notice much like what happend with the PS3... So regardless we will have to keep our ears to the ground... And hopefully with Jamies help we can get a leg up on everyone :P ...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby MrWonderful » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:18 am

CONFIRMED.
I just got my email from gamestop that they will be taking Wii preorders Friday the 13th. 50 dollar deposit, cash, credit or trade. Doesn't guarantee one, standard disclaimer.
They recommend calling first to avoid an unneeded trip. I know what I'm doing tomarrow morning.
MrWonderful
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby ctbx » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:57 pm

MrWonderful wrote:CONFIRMED.
I just got my email from gamestop that they will be taking Wii preorders Friday the 13th. 50 dollar deposit, cash, credit or trade. Doesn't guarantee one, standard disclaimer.
They recommend calling first to avoid an unneeded trip. I know what I'm doing tomarrow morning.

Nice. I'm not sure if I'll preorder it, though. I may just pick one up shortly after launch day since it sounds like there will be plenty of Wiis available.
ctbx
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby DarkSakura » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:52 pm

Dan confirmed it for me as well, but said that they're getting a limited supply, so get there EARLY if you want a reserve.
DarkSakura
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Eddy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:15 pm

FUCKING HELL!!!

In Canada, pre-orders for both PS3 and Wii start on Monday, which is a school day! I CAN'T EVEN LINE UP FOR ONE!!!

If was on Friday I could since I have the day off.

GAHHHHH!!!
Eddy
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby krispykreme » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:55 pm

I'm going tommorow morning at around 7:30ish to wait till 10.
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby ssj100matt » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:43 am

*sigh* once again i underestimated the gamer community of Phoenix... I missed out twice today... First store i was #42 but they only gave out 36 Wii-orders (i copyright that word :P )... I got there early but i just missed out... 2nd EB i went to (which was more obscure, ie "middle of nowhere") i just missed the last Wii-order by 3 mins... But i did get the chance to pre-order Red Steel and Zelda so all was not lost... Hopefully stores will get a few more in the coming weeks because apparently all EB/Gamestop stores got a limited supply of the rumored 50 per major store...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby krispykreme » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:48 am

ssj100matt wrote:*sigh* once again i underestimated the gamer community of Phoenix... I missed out twice today... First store i was #42 but they only gave out 36 Wii-orders (i copyright that word :P )... I got there early but i just missed out... 2nd EB i went to (which was more obscure, ie "middle of nowhere") i just missed the last Wii-order by 3 mins... But i did get the chance to pre-order Red Steel and Zelda so all was not lost... Hopefully stores will get a few more in the coming weeks because apparently all EB/Gamestop stores got a limited supply of the rumored 50 per major store...
I got there 30 minutes before the store opened and got the 14th Wii-Order (C) of 15. Hehe.
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby Eddy » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:37 am

I pre-ordered Resistance and Twilight Princess. I'll have to wait until Monday for the PS3 and Wii-orders (C)

(EBay FTW)
Eddy
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby sephiroth1215 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:53 am

I went to wait online and not many showed up till it opened then it was sold out in minutes.

PS3-#7 or #6

Wii-#1 or #2

:D
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Return to Console Gaming Chatter