Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Pokemon Diamond & Pearl JPN release = BYE BYE PSP. ^_^

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

Pokemon Diamond & Pearl JPN release = BYE BYE PSP. ^_^

Postby MrKenji » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:21 am

Apparently the reports are already rolling in from various forums across the net-

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, the new DS iterations of the ever-so-famous Pokemon franchise-

ARE DESTROYING JAPAN.

Rumor has it (although now quickly being confirmed from various retailers and sites such as Amazon.co.jp) that, despite TWO MILLION units being shipped for Pearl/Diamond (1 mil for each), both games has sold completely out IN ITS FIRST DAY.

DS sales (helped by the limited edition black DS lite) have jumped 500k units IN MERE HOURS.

I think it's fair to say there's now a sizeable gap between PSP and DS sales in Japan.

Sources: http://watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20060928/poke.htm (concerning the release- with pictures!)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... 538&page=6

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/0 ... f=art_game (The line in front of Pokemon Center Tokyo which grew to 1000 people by 10 am- holy crap!)
MrKenji
New Listener
New Listener

Postby DJTyrant » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:31 pm

Pokemon is still a monster X_X

This news is quite scary (in a good way for Nintendo though).
DJTyrant
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Jayveemon » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:49 am

Hot damn, imagine if the same thing happens in the US.
Jayveemon
Supporter
Supporter

Postby theafroguy » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:34 am

I haven't heard a thing about these games. Are they still rehashing the old formula, or have they shaken it up a bit? I got sick of Leaf Green because there was nothing new about it, it was like Sapphire version repackaged. Except without the awesome beauty contests.
theafroguy
Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrKenji » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:01 am

Well, the graphics have been SLIGHTLY updated... dunno if they've improved the pokemon's attack movements or not... minigames, pokemon contests are back... and of course, another hundred or so new pokemon to discover.

New to Diamond and Pearl are the ability to wifi trade pokemon (or even run a sort of classifieds for a pokemon you want or want to get rid of), wifi chat with trainers, and- perhaps the coolest thing of all- wifi battling.

WITH VOICE CHAT ENABLED DURING BATTLE.

I think that's pretty hot, no?

Btw, Enterbrain results came in as of October 1st- Pearl and Diamond combined, throughout a 4-day period, sold over 1.6 million units.

More than any other Pokemon game in history.

Damn.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/1 ... 4,0,0.html
MrKenji
New Listener
New Listener

Postby hitstun » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:21 pm

I always knew if they made a Pokémon game with online battles, it would gain a frighteningly huge community and finally give enough competition to make use of the series' insane depth. I could see this becoming like Magic: The Gathering, where someone would find a broken combo, then everyone has to come up with a combo even more broken to counter it, in an endless cycle. Now I'm interested in this, and I haven't played a Pokémon game since Gold and Silver, yet I still remember how to type the é. Let's hope the rest of the franchise doesn't bring the RPG down again.
ImageImage
hitstun
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Return to Console Gaming Chatter