Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Uwe Boll Beats Everyone Down

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

Uwe Boll Beats Everyone Down

Postby ssj100matt » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:59 pm

As some of you know Film maker Uwe Boll challenged his critics to a boxing match... From a contest he selected 4 of his harshest critics... Scenes from the Boxing match will be used in his upcoming "Cinematic MasterPiece" Postal... The 4 people he selected for the fights were...

-Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka- From Something Awful

-Jeff Sneider- From Aint It Cool News

-Chris Alexander- From AM 640 Toronto

-Nelson Chance Minter- A 17 year old web critic

Heres the video to the fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqbVb-W7GqI&eurl=

Since Uwe has a backround in boxing he easily took care of all of these guys but the last 2 guys were the only ones who put up a fight...

What he should have done was challenge these guys to a film making contest... At least then it would be evenly matched for everyone... Because beating up poor internet nerds like Lowtax doesnt make your crappy movies any better...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby YURILOVER » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:26 pm

How about a real fight eh Uwe? Street fight? You and me go. Now. Im dead serious. Uwe if you see this, email me with the fighting arrangements. No gloves, no body armor, no nothing. You and me go, all out. Eye gouging, ball pulling, hair pulling, spitting, sh***ing, p***ing, everything all out. No hold back I mean it Uwe. SOB
Click All Zig.
YURILOVER
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Re: Uwe Boll Beats Everyone Down

Postby WarriorBob » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:12 pm

ssj100matt wrote:beating up poor internet nerds like Lowtax doesnt make your crappy movies any better...

Of course, what it does do is make the first Uwe Boll video anybody's ever wanted to see :)

(for the record, I've never seen any Boll films)
WarriorBob
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Uwe Boll Beats Everyone Down

Postby VxJasonxV » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:49 pm

WarriorBob wrote:(for the record, I've never seen any Boll films)
Keep it that way. Otherwise you'll have this incredibal urge to gouge your brain out with a spork.
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby Sai-kun » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:54 pm

YURILOVER wrote:How about a real fight eh Uwe? Street fight? You and me go. Now. Im dead serious. Uwe if you see this, email me with the fighting arrangements. No gloves, no body armor, no nothing. You and me go, all out. Eye gouging, ball pulling, hair pulling, spitting, sh***ing, p***ing, everything all out. No hold back I mean it Uwe. SOB

I hope you lose.

Even if this was sarcastic, it's still one of the msot ignorant and arrogant shitty posts I've ever seen anywhere.

Kinda STFU.
This is how it all beginS
Sai-kun
Supporter
Supporter

Postby djratchet » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:10 am

Sai-kun wrote:
YURILOVER wrote:How about a real fight eh Uwe? Street fight? You and me go. Now. Im dead serious. Uwe if you see this, email me with the fighting arrangements. No gloves, no body armor, no nothing. You and me go, all out. Eye gouging, ball pulling, hair pulling, spitting, sh***ing, p***ing, everything all out. No hold back I mean it Uwe. SOB

I hope you lose.

Even if this was sarcastic, it's still one of the msot ignorant and arrogant shitty posts I've ever seen anywhere.

Kinda STFU.

Ouch. Lol. I have to agree, though. Uwe would kick your ass (even if he does make crap movies.)
djratchet
Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrWonderful » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:51 pm

I read that he was kind of a jerk about it all too. He didn't provide anyone any protective gear or training, both of which were promised.
Still hate the guy, but in kicking Lowtax's ass, he probably fulfilled the dreams of quite a few other directors/authors/humans.
MrWonderful
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby DJTyrant » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:33 pm

The problem with this fight is that the people he chose to fight had already seen his movies which incapicitaes them mentally.
DJTyrant
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby ssj100matt » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:50 pm

Well it was just announced that Uwe will be making a Bloodrayne 2

this is according to 1up.com

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154217

*deeeeeeeep sigh*

Im not even gonna bother ranting on this

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby MrWonderful » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:56 am

beating a dead horse at this point, but apparently working with Dr. Boll is such an exhausting experience that Michael Madsen came to the set drunk more often than not. You'd really think that this would open the good doctor's eyes to the fact that he just sucks as a director. Reportedly decent boxer, godawful director.
MrWonderful
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby VxJasonxV » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:18 pm

Uwe Boll makes money, as do his German Investors, for the specific reason that movies flop so hard. Some loophole for investors to make an ROI on total crashes.

I read an article about it a while back, not sure if I ever bookmarked it :/, I'd love to reference it and post it again.

The money keeps people around...
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkTetsuya » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:08 pm

VxJasonxV wrote:Uwe Boll makes money, as do his German Investors, for the specific reason that movies flop so hard. Some loophole for investors to make an ROI on total crashes.

I read an article about it a while back, not sure if I ever bookmarked it :/, I'd love to reference it and post it again.

The money keeps people around...

And, thanks to videogames, the difficult part (coming up with a story) is elminated entirely!

Only good thing about this is he's not immortal, he's gotta go sometime.

DT
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Return to Console Gaming Chatter