Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

GTA on the Wii

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

GTA on the Wii

Postby ssj100matt » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:44 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_ ... d=24998743

Yeah i know Gamespot Rumor control is a joke but i had to post it...

Source: A lengthy article on MTV News.

What we heard: At its pre-Electronic Entertainment Expo press conference in May, Microsoft stunned attendees by announcing that Grand Theft Auto IV would be released on the Xbox 360 the same day and date it arrives on the PlayStation 3. Though Sony reps would later play it down, the development meant that the long exclusivity window that prior GTA games had on the PlayStation 2 would not survive the next-generation console transition.

But while Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas all appeared on the Xbox, no GTA game ever made it to the GameCube. In fact, the only GTA games to make it to a Nintendo platform were the handheld top-down titles Grand Theft Auto (Game Boy Color, 1999), Grand Theft Auto 2 (GBC, 2000), and Grand Theft Auto Advance (Game Boy Advance, 2004).

However, now comes word that the Wii might be carjacked by the GTA franchise. Speaking to MTV News at last week's Wii press conference in New York City, Nintendo of America president and COO Reggie Fils-Aime revealed that the Mario Factory is in talks with Take-Two Interactive, parent of GTA publisher Rockstar Games. "I'll be spending some time later today with the folks over at Take-Two to see what type of support they can give our console," he said. So far, Take-Two has only expressed interest in using Wii's motion-sensing functions for a baseball game.

Though he didn't mention any specific titles to MTV, the outspoken executive did say that Nintendo wants the Wii to have more adult-oriented content than the GameCube did. That console's catalog was dominated by family-friendly offerings, although it had several notable M-rated games, such as Killer7 and Resident Evil 4.

"The fact is there will be M-rated content on the Wii console," said Fils-Aime. "EA has already announced that they're bringing [the GTA-like crime game] The Godfather to our console. And we want every single best-selling game to be available on Wii. Whatever that content is."

The official story: Fils-Aime's comments have ignited a firestorm of speculation among prospective Wii buyers and GTA addicts. However, they are not official confirmation of plans for a Wii GTA--or any particular Take-Two title for the platform. Requests for comment sent to Nintendo, Take-Two, and Rockstar had not been returned as of press time.

Bogus or not bogus?: Not bogus that Take-Two and Nintendo are talking. As for GTA on the Wii? The once-unthinkable notion now appears to be a possibility.

Im going to say this and thats it....

At least now i can beat hookers and police with my Wii....

*runs*

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby GrinWithoutaKat » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:55 am

I think if he's going to Rockstar they'd prefer to put Table Tennis on the Wii :D
GrinWithoutaKat
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Return to Console Gaming Chatter