Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Wii Price and Launch Date and More Details Announced!

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

Postby krispykreme » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:30 pm

ctbx wrote:
sephiroth1215 wrote:Please I'm still crazy enough to get a PS3!!!!
But, eh, after thinking about it, I most likely will still get the Wii at launch. I want one badly.
I think we all do.
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby GrinWithoutaKat » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:59 pm

I'm going to sound really bad here, but I'm quite disappointed. The UK price is £180. Now I'm not complaining about how that's more than the US price, that's how everything is, we're not getting screwed it's just the currency conversion is pretty strange right now so makes things outside the US seem a heck of a lot more than they really are.

What I'm disappointed about is the Gamecube, a console that was cutting edge and more powerful than it's competition, was £130 at launch. All along Nintendo have gone on about how they weren't going to do the normal thing and go with expensive technology, but make it cheaper. It could just be me but I assumed that would mean it would be quite a bit cheaper than the cutting edge console they put out, but infact, it's almost 30% more expensive.

I bought a 360 Premium last month with Oblivion and GRAW. Now I got a coupon for the console, and got the games for below RRP by shopping online, but I paid £274 for the Premium and two games. If I were to get a Wii, Wii Sports, Wii Play and a Nunchuk upgrade for the second controller that comes with Wii Play and two wii-motes it would come to £295. Now I know I'd be getting three extras controllers with the Wii, but all the talk made me think it was going to be much cheaper than the 360 and PS3.

I'm still probably going to go and try to pre-order tomorrow, but now I'm really not as sure as I was.
GrinWithoutaKat
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby YURILOVER » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:28 pm

Eddy wrote:And SD cards are like 89.99 per 1 Gig card
Unless if wii can use external USB drives. So if you had an iPod, per se, lets see 80GB=390$CND~4$ per 1GB or if you got a 1TB storage somehow for the Wii, the storage would be even cheaper! But that's only assuming external drives can be used on the Wii, let alone recognized.
Click All Zig.
YURILOVER
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby ssj100matt » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:02 pm

YURILOVER wrote:if you got a 1TB storage somehow for the Wii, the storage would be even cheaper! But that's only assuming external drives can be used on the Wii, let alone recognized.

Im sure Moders are 10 steps ahead of you on that...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby Eddy » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:05 pm

DJPooEater wrote:Hey skie! you smell that?!?!, Yeah I think it is! Smells like pudding buddy!! pure pudding! and you know what we're gonna do with the pudding.... we're gonna dance in the pudding aren't wii skie?!

Best bet I ever made!

<3

I am POSITIVE skie said FIRST-PARTY games, so if you had some crazy little bet of your own, you go ahead and jump in that pudding :p
Eddy
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby DarkTetsuya » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:33 pm

Eddy wrote:
DJPooEater wrote:Hey skie! you smell that?!?!, Yeah I think it is! Smells like pudding buddy!! pure pudding! and you know what we're gonna do with the pudding.... we're gonna dance in the pudding aren't wii skie?!

Best bet I ever made!

<3

I am POSITIVE skie said FIRST-PARTY games, so if you had some crazy little bet of your own, you go ahead and jump in that pudding :p

I can back that up... :P Sorry. (me or drewnami/23m are usually the ones to remember this stuff, so... yeah. :P)

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby VxJasonxV » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:30 pm

Eddy wrote:And SD cards are like 89.99 per 1 Gig card, so add a card there and a controller there, you pretty much have a 360 right there.
I'm about to buy a 4GB card for $60
I bought a 1GB card for $30 not that long ago.

What were you saying again?
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DJPooEater » Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:03 pm

DarkTetsuya wrote:
Eddy wrote:

Best bet I ever made!

<3

I can back that up... :P Sorry. (me or drewnami/23m are usually the ones to remember this stuff, so... yeah. :P)

DT

are you sure? damn, i was getting excited about the thought of skie in pudding.... now me sad, me go eat some poo and shut the fuck up :P

<3
DJPooEater
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby bandit » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:03 pm

DJPooEater wrote:
DarkTetsuya wrote:
Eddy wrote:

Best bet I ever made!

<3

DT

are you sure? damn, i was getting excited about the thought of skie in pudding.... now me sad, me go eat some poo and shut the fuck up :P

<3

Hey before you go and eat poo hook me up with a link to a animated gif that has mario bounching around in Karubo's Shoe. Gotta lova that thing, hammer bros suit and Tanooki Suit come in a close second and 3rd.

Ok back to topic... :lol:
bandit
New Listener
New Listener

Postby Arimasen » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:52 pm

We need some help to get the thread back on topic...

おうえんだーん!!!!
Arimasen
Supporter
Supporter

Postby sephiroth1215 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:24 am

Arimasen wrote:We need some help to get the thread back on topic...

おうえんだーん!!!!

Ummmmmm the Wii seems cool : )
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby Arimasen » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:57 am

sephiroth1215 wrote:
Arimasen wrote:We need some help to get the thread back on topic...

おうえんだーん!!!!

Ummmmmm the Wii seems cool : )

If you cant read japanese, it says:

OUENDAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!
Arimasen
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to Console Gaming Chatter