Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

PS3 Delayed in Europe

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

PS3 Delayed in Europe

Postby PkerUNO » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:05 am

Hi guys, I'm a long-time listener of the OLR podcast, but haven't ever really participated since I can't listen to the live taping. :/

In any case, I just got this through my inbox... it's not good.

----------

16:34 06Sep2006 RTRS-SONY <6758.T> SAYS TO DELAY PS3 EUROPE LAUNCH TO NEXT MARCH
16:34 06Sep2006 RTRS-SONY <6758.T> SAYS STICKS TO TARGET OF SHIPPING 6 MLN PS3 UNITS BY MARCH
16:45 06Sep2006 RTRS-Sony says to delay Europe PS3 launch to March

TOKYO, Sept 6 (Reuters) - Sony Corp. <6758.T> said on Wednesday that it would delay the launch in Europe of the latest version of its blockbuster videogame console, PlayStation 3 (PS3), to March of next year from its original target launch in November.
Sony said it would stick by its target of shipping 6 million units of the PlayStation 3 by March.
((Reporting by Kiyoshi Takenaka; Reuters Messaging: kiyoshi.takenaka.reuters.com@reuters.net; +81-3-3432-8837; kiyoshi.takenaka@reuters.com)) Keywords: TECH SONY

----------

GJ Sony!
PkerUNO
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby Reenee » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:07 am

You should append the story about the lowered launch numbers for Japan and U.S. in here too (while changing the thread title).

Anywho:

SONY! FUCK YEAH!
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby PkerUNO » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:15 am

My dad didn't send me that story, only another one about the PS2 going down in price. If you're interested:

----------

Sony to cut PS2 price in Japan ahead of PS3 launch
Tue Sep 5, 2006 8:51 AM BST
TOKYO (Reuters) - Sony Corp. said on Tuesday it would cut the price of its PlayStation 2 game console by about 19 percent to 16,000 yen (75 pounds) in Japan as it gears up for the eagerly awaited launch in November of the PlayStation 3.

Although the game division of the Japanese electronics and entertainment conglomerate currently holds an "open price" policy for PS2, letting retailers set their own price, Sony sells the machine online at 19,800 yen.

Sony's "suggested retail price" of 16,000 yen will come into effect on September 15.

Sony, which has sold more than 100 million units of PS2 worldwide since its launch in 2000, plans to offer PS3 on November 11 in Japan and on November 17 in most of the rest of the world.

It plans to sell a version of PS3 equipped with a 20-gigabyte hard disk drive for 62,790 yen in Japan including tax.

Shares in Sony closed down 0.8 percent at 5,100 yen, underperforming the Tokyo stock market's electrical machinery index, which was virtually unchanged.

($1=115.97 Yen)

----------
PkerUNO
PkerUNO
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby ssj100matt » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:27 am

Off the article on 1up and QJ

Additionally, Sony has revised its shipment numbers for both the US and Japan -- hold onto your butts. America will receive roughly 400,000 units come November 17th, while Japan will be forced to manage with a launch number totaling only 100,000. The production problems have forced a one month delay, removing about one million units from their original launch plans, said Sony to the European press.

There no way you can spin doctor this... This is horrible news... I wasent planning on getting a PS3 first shipment anyways(or at least till Jan 07) ...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Return to Console Gaming Chatter