Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

E3 Day 1 Wrapup-- DDR Extreme, Ultramix 2, etc.

Hey, we haven't forgotten our roots as a Music Video Game station. Talk about DDR/IIDX and all that note smashing here.

E3 Day 1 Wrapup-- DDR Extreme, Ultramix 2, etc.

Postby skie » Wed May 12, 2004 6:15 pm

E3 Day 1 Wrapup:

*PHEW* what a long day. We're trying to bring you the details as fast as you can.

The "Big Announcement" about DDR:
DDR Extreme on PS2 will have Eyetoy support. New modes will allow you to watch yourself dance (useful mode for freestylers...), and a mode called "Clear the screen" in which you have to wipe the screen clear of various forestry or snow, in order to see the arrows. This means you have to move your hands as you dance! Also, in the press videos for extreme it appears that there will be a mode in which you have Upper Left and Upper Right hand sensors next to the arrows! It's somewhat reminicent of EZ2Dancer or something... and this new mode could change the game as we know it!

Extreme Songlist:
Your Rain (Rage Mix)- Akira Yamaoka
YMCA - Village People
Simply Being Loved - BT
Planet Rock (Swordfish Remix) - Paul Oakenfold vs. Afrika Bambada
Move Your Feet - Junior Senior
Mobo Moga - Orange Lounge
Cant Stop Fallin in Love (speed mix) - Naoki
A Stupid Barber - Sho-T
There You'll Be - DJ Speedo & Angelica
Highs Off U (w/ video) - 4 Reeel

It's my humble opinion that the Akira Yamaoka remix is some of his best work yet-- with an AMAZING video... all the Silent Hill 4 characters in a newly CG-rendered video lip-synching the song... and towards the end getting all disco! It's Crazy... my personal favorite track on the mix.

The game has an all new interface that can best be described as "round" in the song selection... this may or may not be permanent to the mix. As it only displays about 7 songs at a time, we kind of hope Konami chooses to go back to the old style Extreme list (or something similar)

The gameplay interface itself is also different-- no more bars at the top and bottom of the screen cutting off part of the picture... think... kind of like 4th mix but 60FPS

DDR Ultramix 2
Nothing new that wasn't in yesterdays story except we did notice a different interface (Somewhat similar to Extremes but more blocky). Also, Ultramix 2 has all new videos, and Emi now wears jean shorts (and is very busty :P ) o_O

Karaoke Revolution 2
There are a *lot* of songs in this demo, and I don't have time at this internet cafe I'm at right now to write down the whole list but here's a few songs I remember... Baby One More Time, Toxic, White Flag, Lady Marmalade, My Girl, Sweet Home Alabama, I hate everything about You (yes the Ugly Kid Joe song), The First Cut is the Deepest, We are Family, Papa Don't Preach, I'll make Love to You, It's my life. We got a full songlist and we'll talk more about that on Sunday's show. The interface is pretty much the same as before but very Blue, and there's new characters, including one in a Bear Suit o_O

Donkey Konga
Was pretty fun. Didn't catch too many songs but I caught the Zelda Theme, Mario Theme, Louie Louie and a song I played-- "All the Small Things". It has 4 player mode.

Taiko Drum Master
Didn't get to check this one out too much but it looks like a port of the Japanese one with not a whole lot of new suprises... I'll take a better look at this tomorrow.

We've taken a TON of pictures as well... so stay tuned to the site. If I wasn't on a timer at this cafe right now, I could talk about FF12's new battle system, Squeenix's "Squee" show, Metroid Multiplayer actually being kind of fun, Nintendo DS lines being a mile long, etc, but you'll just have to stay tuned :)
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby DDRcoholic » Mon May 17, 2004 11:41 pm

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY PUT DDR AND PARA PARA PARADISE TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DIE NOW.
DDRcoholic
New Listener
New Listener

Postby FurryNinjaPanda » Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:58 pm

They didnt put DDR and PPP together, PPP has 5 arrows thats you hit with your hands, not 4 arrows that you hit with your feet and x amount with your hands, never would they do that. :(
FurryNinjaPanda
New Listener
New Listener

Postby St00pidBaka » Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:53 pm

Haha, I heard that Karaoke Revolution 2 is already out. Is this true?
Got Orange Lounge Radio?
My NNR DDR Scores!
St00pidBaka
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby skie » Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:04 pm

St00pidBaka wrote:Haha, I heard that Karaoke Revolution 2 is already out. Is this true?

yes, it was released last week. this thread is kinda old... noone posts here ever it seems :(
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby St00pidBaka » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:26 pm

Yeah, I found that out when my friend talked to me online yesterday. I picked it up today! It's only $40! :D
Got Orange Lounge Radio?
My NNR DDR Scores!
St00pidBaka
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Return to Bemani Discussion