Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

DDR Supernova

Hey, we haven't forgotten our roots as a Music Video Game station. Talk about DDR/IIDX and all that note smashing here.

Postby sephiroth1215 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:52 pm

I forgot to to post earlier and I don't feel like spending time posting on DDRfreak so I finally got to play superNOVA. I will most definately tell what it was like but later in the week when I don't have school work. I will call in on Wenesday to talk about it though.

P.S.- there are a lot of things that seem left out to me when others talk about it, I mean everyone is just so vauge. :?
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby ssj100matt » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:05 pm

Yeah i went with Seph1215 last week to NJ to try out Nova... I was impressed... I didnt do to good on it though because the machine had 0 bass... plus i didnt know alot of the songs since there were alot from Ultramix and i dont own an Xbox... Anyways the animations and the format looked very clean and polished and i would say it rivals ITG2 right now... The machine we played was a beta version so it was a limited song list and the songs were horribly sorted... I think the song list on the machine we tested only had about 1/3 of the songs that are supposed to be on it but either way i was impressed...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby TheAmplidude » Mon May 01, 2006 4:19 am

I already have it planned out for when my arcade gets their Dedi-cab this month..

First song = RED ZONE :D

(Unless it's locked.. then I would cry)
TheAmplidude
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ssj100matt » Mon May 01, 2006 10:04 am

Red zone was on the beta machine that me and seph1215 played so it should be on there

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby sephiroth1215 » Tue May 09, 2006 7:42 pm

Well I finally have time to tell my experience with superNOVA. I attempted to on skype but failed horribly so forgive me.

- I personally don't like the whole select style. I like to play with all songs so in order to do so you must go all the way down to the bottom past nonstop and challenge equals out to be about 10 times of mashing the select button. I'm hoping that the memory card will save what you choose.

- The game now feels like it's going towards ITG with the more serious feel compared to the more animated look.

- The KO's in the game are AWESOME!!! It was hard just to choose what song to play. I stayed away from most of the licenses though since most of them were not so good IMO.

- The new screen although smaller than the ITG2 one is very clear and high quality and I perfer it over the other machines.

- The pads are the best I have ever played on a machine. They feel as solid as ITG2 but don't feel like you're just hitting the floor.

- I don't like the fact that series sort was taken out because I personally went by it in Extreme by what type of song I wanted because most of the time I don't know what I want to play.

- The announcer has changed a little bit with different sayings but is still has bad timing when it comes to saying the combo like in EXUS and EX2.

- Jumps are still worth only one step which still bothers me ever since that first started.

- I never liked the characters and I hate the fact that for most of the songs you have no choice but to have ONE and with maybe 5 or 6 characters to choose from.

- The song selection in general is mostly very happy and cute sounding. I like this a lot because that means it's staying to the japanese roots.

- A lot of the 7's and 8's I played I honestly thought they could've went up one more rating.

So there you have it, I took some things out since the UK release showed many things I wanted to speak of. Overall I like this mix a lot and I think everyone else will too.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby ssj100matt » Tue May 09, 2006 10:28 pm

Yeah, I went with Seph1215 and his girl Popanda to test out the SuperNova Machine out in NJ with him (In an AMC movie theater at the Garden City Mall across the highway from Newark Airport)... Here are some of my thoughts on it...

- Smaller screen but a little clearer than ITG2

- I do like the idea of nation ranking passwords for you to check online

- More letter space for when you make highscore (8 spaces i think)

- Battle mode is a big plus eventhough Seph1215 was too lame to play it with me

- One thing i hated was that song sorting i awful... i couldnt tell which was a new song or find a song from a specific mix... Since i never played Ultramix i wasent sure if it was a new song or not... but that could just be a beta thing

- The pads are on the + side for me... i like very sensitive pads so i can be light on my feet

- Some songs arent really 8's or 7's they are usually harder than that

- On this machine specificly it had 0 bass which caused me to drop 2 letter grades on each song i played... But im sure that wont be on all the machines though

along with those and everything else Seph1215 covered, thats about it... a very impressive game i must say...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby sephiroth1215 » Tue May 09, 2006 11:08 pm

I forgot to say what everyone already knows already.......memory card slots are confirmed for US release. That makes me very very happy since all I do now is play on Extreme with card slots and ITG2. It's very hard to go back, there is so much that can be done with the PS2 cards too.

The PS2 version is also looking promising but I'll save that for another time when more is seen at E3.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby NoirUnicorn » Thu May 11, 2006 6:08 am

Is it PS2 mem cards or e-Amuesment cards or both?

http://www.konami.com/gs/newsarticle.php?id=823

Dose this mean that DDR SN AC is going to be in North Amercia and in Japan
This Month or in June?
NoirUnicorn
New Listener
New Listener

Postby VxJasonxV » Thu May 11, 2006 12:09 pm

SuperNova is already out...
here's the story from our very own site.

The new cabinents are being shipped.
Upgrade kits will come out in August.
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby NoirUnicorn » Thu May 11, 2006 1:33 pm

My bad I forgot about that news :(
NoirUnicorn
New Listener
New Listener

Postby sephiroth1215 » Thu May 11, 2006 6:03 pm

VxJasonxV wrote:SuperNova is already out...
here's the story from our very own site.

The new cabinents are being shipped.
Upgrade kits will come out in August.

That doesn't mean it's out. But it was announced that it comes out this month.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby TheAmplidude » Thu May 11, 2006 6:55 pm

If I'm correct, it's supposed to be released tomorrow (Friday, May 12th)
TheAmplidude
Supporter
Supporter

Postby sephiroth1215 » Thu May 11, 2006 8:31 pm

TheAmplidude wrote:If I'm correct, it's supposed to be released tomorrow (Friday, May 12th)

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait there probably won't be one near me for a long time, and I live in lower NY.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby TheAmplidude » Fri May 12, 2006 2:53 am

Yeah, I'm just waiting.. Any day now, my arcade should have SN :D
TheAmplidude
Supporter
Supporter

Postby DarkTetsuya » Sat May 13, 2006 2:14 pm

sephiroth1215 wrote:- The announcer has changed a little bit with different sayings but is still has bad timing when it comes to saying the combo like in EXUS and EX2.

I think the game wants to be extra sure you have at least x00 steps (usually x04) before saying 'x00 combo!' ... I dunno why that is, though.

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Bemani Discussion