Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

DDR Supernova

Hey, we haven't forgotten our roots as a Music Video Game station. Talk about DDR/IIDX and all that note smashing here.

DDR Supernova

Postby DarkTetsuya » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:46 pm

So. If you've seen this breaking news on the front page, it seems Konami has come out of left field with a new american arcade release!!

I don't know what else to say. I'm guessing this is an official new release? (From what I read on DDRFreak, it sounds that way -- though I thought their arcade division was dead? I guess that explains why they partnered with this other company.)

And what about songs? I know there's been at least 50 (give or take) new KOs made since EX's arcade release, plus many licenses... So do you suppose Konami plans to take the new home-only stuff from MAX/MAX2/EX/EX2/UM1-3 and cram em into this new mix?

Anyway, what are your thoughts on this?

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby Fireboma » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:49 pm

How ironic is it that as soon as you guys shut down Bemani operations, a new US DDR arcade mix comes out.

Very, VERY psyched for this. Any location testing spots rumored?
Fireboma
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby skie » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:23 pm

Fireboma wrote:How ironic is it that as soon as you guys shut down Bemani operations, a new US DDR arcade mix comes out.

Yeah same thing I thought... LOL maybe it's our fault you had to wait so long :P

But really, was there that much bemani talk on the old 3 hour show? LOL you'll see just as much on the new show, trust me :P
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby krispykreme » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:20 pm

Meh. I'm not much of a DDR guy anymore. I might try it out.
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby DarkTetsuya » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:37 pm

of course, the 'freak people are convinced this is another AFD thing... :roll:

(And I suppose the USPTO lets any old joe schmoe submit patents?)

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby sephiroth1215 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:43 pm

THIS IS AWESOME.......oh wait I'll never be able to play it since I'll have to go far away just to play it and the machine will be packed with people :( i really hope somewhere close to me gets this, we just got an ITG2 machine here but now I don't care and I'd much rather have a new DDR.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby DJRanmaS » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:33 am

W00t, I'm interested.
Anime Jam Session - www.animejamsession.com
DJRanmaS.net - www.djranmas.net
DJRanmaS
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby blackdevilrx » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:11 pm

Definetely cool. And I hate you if you say that "IT'S AMERICAN SO IT MUST SUCK!"
blackdevilrx
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby lordkaosu » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:27 pm

I don't think anyone is gonna say that. The only crappy US release was the first PSX one. That shouldn't have happened with 3rd mix already being out in Japan. Since then, the US has been at least as good as the Japanese releases.
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby DJRanmaS » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:43 am

lordkaosu wrote:I don't think anyone is gonna say that. The only crappy US release was the first PSX one. That shouldn't have happened with 3rd mix already being out in Japan. Since then, the US has been at least as good as the Japanese releases.

Yeah well...

We would hav had a better mix if it wasn't for the licenses. Most of the songs cannot be used out of Japan. And Konami prolly wasn't gonna pay the extra cash for it.
Anime Jam Session - www.animejamsession.com
DJRanmaS.net - www.djranmas.net
DJRanmaS
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:44 pm

Well, it seems that new tidbits were posted on DDRFreak today. (See the front page for full details on info regarding when we'll be getting our first look at the game (1/24-26) and when the game officially rolls off the production line.)

Though I probably should've made a new topic for this, I thought it was best to just add to the one I already made.

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby sephiroth1215 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:23 pm

That's some useful info but the american release sounds do vauge. Europe gets specific times when and what is happening with the game, for us it's just sometime this year. I still want to know a lot, there were many things I didn't have time to mention on the show. This will bring life back in the arcade (if this will be a good mix) and will start a big war with ITG. If this works out we may see more mixes and if beatmania US does well we could see the arcade version here. The interface is something crucial and I'm worrying most about this. Sure they made a good one for extreme 2 but all I think about is how long they were planning this and it dates back to extreme US, I only say that because they've been keeping something secret regarding memories and this is the only thing that makes sense other than beatmania which brings up my questions about memory card slots and the machine. So far it sounds like this will be a new machine design and won't be just an upgrade, this may screw up other people but will be needed since I'm sure the new design will be more solid and compete with the ITG2 machine (which I like a lot better). That's all I remember right now and will have more comments later but overall I'm very stoked about a new DDR to play and look forward to.

And about the announcement of ITG2 PS2 and ITG3 ARC............DUHHHHH.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Fighting ITG Commercially

Postby robbway » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:42 am

:lol: Maybe the motivation for SN was to re-convert all of those In the Groove machines?

:lol: I hope there are syringes in the videos so that LORD VOLDEMORT can have a job.
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby krispykreme » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:26 pm

OK. I've decided that i'm going to give it a fair try. And that i'm also going to start playing DDR more if Supernova is any good.
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Re: Fighting ITG Commercially

Postby VxJasonxV » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:50 am

robbway wrote::lol: I hope there are syringes in the videos so that LORD VOLDEMORT can have a job.
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHHA
Oh man...
It'd be like the first episode of OLR all over again!
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Next

Return to Bemani Discussion