Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Beatmania US

Hey, we haven't forgotten our roots as a Music Video Game station. Talk about DDR/IIDX and all that note smashing here.

Postby skie » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:48 am

I unlocked anothers finally.

Hmmm, I still think the songlist is a little odd... I just don't think I like having 5 key and 7 key combined as much as I thought I would. However I'm really really trying to remember that this game was made for people who have never really seen the game before so I'm trying to keep my complaints minimum. Here's hoping there will be a 2nd style I can be more critical of ;)
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby krispykreme » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:54 pm

skie wrote:I unlocked anothers finally.

Hmmm, I still think the songlist is a little odd... I just don't think I like having 5 key and 7 key combined as much as I thought I would. However I'm really really trying to remember that this game was made for people who have never really seen the game before so I'm trying to keep my complaints minimum. Here's hoping there will be a 2nd style I can be more critical of ;)
Lol. Do you think if they released another Beatmania game in the US would they call it 2nd Style or 2nd Mix? Is it possible they would to Mix as not to confuse people?
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby skie » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:07 pm

Well it's interesting because in japan the beatmania (non-IIDX) games were called 2nd mix, 3rd mix, etc.... only the IIDX series was called 2nd style, 3rd style, etc... soooo... it's really hard to tell, it's dependant on a few things, such as if 5 key and 7 key continue to co-exist. If they scrapped 5 key altogether, they could probably get away with calling the next release "Beatmania IIDX"

Usually I'd say E3 might answer our questions but since it's not likely since this game was *just* released, I'd say if the next Konami Gamers day (January) goes by and we still haven't heard anything on a 2nd game, that's when we can start conspiracy theoring that it won't happen.
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby krispykreme » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:32 pm

skie wrote:Usually I'd say E3 might answer our questions but since it's not likely since this game was *just* released, I'd say if the next Konami Gamers day (January) goes by and we still haven't heard anything on a 2nd game, that's when we can start conspiracy theoring that it won't happen.
That'd make me sad. Only one game.
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby sephiroth1215 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:56 pm

I personally think they won't use simple names like mix or style. Since all of the most recent IIDX releases in japan have their own theme there will be plenty to work on. So the next one could be something like "beatmania R.E.D."
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby krispykreme » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:42 am

sephiroth1215 wrote:I personally think they won't use simple names like mix or style. Since all of the most recent IIDX releases in japan have their own theme there will be plenty to work on. So the next one could be something like "beatmania R.E.D."
Huh. I just thought maybe they could have it just be Beatmania 2. *shrugs* But beatmania R.E.D. would be cool. Get rid of that stupid purple theme.
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby skie » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:51 am

touche, Sephiroth, you make a good point.

I'm kind of surprised the don't borrow some of the terms that they use in DDR. I think these games are marketed a little differently here than they are in Japan, with the whole musicineverydirection campaign... it's like this game, KR and DDR all are cross marketed... especially the most recent DDR/KR combo on X-Box.

Beatmania Revolution
Beatmania Ultra(mix)
Beatmania MAX
Beatmania Extreme
Beatmania Supernova(?)

Those are all possibilites in my book :P . I know they might be a little silly to us longtime fans, but if you think about marketing and such, it makes sense...
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby krispykreme » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:04 pm

skie wrote:Beatmania MAX

I could see that. Have Max 300 and whatever other Max's are in IIDX.
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby sephiroth1215 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:17 pm

I'm sure in the future there will be more marketing for the other games too and maybe add a information mode to have explanations and what other games have the song ect..

I was surprised that there weren't more DDR songs that more people know of and that they didn't put "featuring favorites from Dance Dance Revolution!" on the back.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby krispykreme » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:54 am

Do you think they'll ever have BG pictures for the grading screens?
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby tweak_ » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:59 am

The Goli and whatnot? Its possible, unless the we didnt have them because of licensing issues.
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby Jayveemon » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:25 am

The exclusion of the art really make a difference? Personally I never cared for it so it made no matter to me, but does it really matter?
Jayveemon
Supporter
Supporter

Postby krispykreme » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:39 pm

Jayveemon wrote:The exclusion of the art really make a difference? Personally I never cared for it so it made no matter to me, but does it really matter?
Yeah. I feel good when I earn a new Picture.
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby tweak_ » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:28 pm

Oh, and guys, if your having trouble with a stiff turntable, just open the controller up, and loosen the screw in the middle of the disc. mine works much easier now.
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby NoirUnicorn » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:59 am

skie wrote:Beatmania Revolution
Beatmania Ultra(mix)
Beatmania MAX
Beatmania Extreme
Beatmania Supernova(?)

I'am verry new at Beatmania and playing DDR for 6 months . I do not think that Konami want to confuse people with the same titles as DDR.

That is my just thought

(Sorry for my bad spelling)
NoirUnicorn
New Listener
New Listener

PreviousNext

Return to Bemani Discussion