Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

ORANGE LOUNGE REVOLUTION 2ND MIX pre-release thread

Hey, we haven't forgotten our roots as a Music Video Game station. Talk about DDR/IIDX and all that note smashing here.

ORANGE LOUNGE REVOLUTION 2ND MIX pre-release thread

Postby DarkTetsuya » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:55 pm

I finally got it down to just under 500MB, so now it's sitting in an undisclosed location waiting on beta testers, so watch this thread for news on what I'm hoping will blow the original game out of the water! (Might I add there won't be any repeats this time -- but for some courses you'll still need your 1st mix folder, so don't go deleting any of that just yet.)

Incase you forgot:

- NEW SONGS (Over 100 of your favorite OLR and USL related songs)
- NEW COURSES (Including challenging 'REVENGE' versions of 1st MIX courses, along with several themed courses)
- NEW ANNOUNCER (featuring both the Bresslol pack and an updated 'OLR potpurri pack' featuring random soundbites from OLR!)
- NEW INTERFACE gotta hand it to him, tweak did deliver on an awesome theme!

Release date TBD, hoping for sometime in 2009!
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Re: ORANGE LOUNGE REVOLUTION 2ND MIX pre-release thread

Postby DarkTetsuya » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:57 am

OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby ssj100matt » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:51 pm

NEW LOGO!

OLRev 2nd mix is coming along very nicely and is on track for its 12-24-09 RELEASE. It has been 2 years in the making but everyone who has worked on 2nd mix is very excited. Again we apologies for the delay.

Some sacrifices had to be made in order to get this mix out before the end of 2009. One of which was the promised new theme. The person working on the new theme fell out of contact with us many months ago and we were unable to contact him. We decided after awhile to move forward and put out this mix without the new theme. The theme was amazing and its a shame that it won't be implemented in this mix. We greatly appreciate his help on this much but we felt it was more important to put this mix out ASAP without any more delay. We decided to go with the OLRevolution 1st mix theme. I tweaked the old theme and repaired many of the errors that it had. Also many of the delays had to do with real life issues (jobs, school ect) so many of us didn't have time to work on the mix. Again sorry for the delays but we believe the wait will be worth it.

We are working on another very special surprise that we hope to reveal in an upcoming show of OLR. Stay tuned for that...

There are plenty of surprises in store for this mix that have been secret for awhile. One of the biggest/newest addition to the mix are the brand new themed Nonstop courses.Here are some of the new highlighted courses for this mix.

Highlight for spoilers!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The OLR Marathon Gauntlet: a course of all the marathon songs. 28 mins in length!!!

The OLR Short Bus Course: This "special" course shows off our songs that belong at the back of the bus

DarkSakura's Fortune Cookie Course: This course will have you die in a fire if you fail it.

Happy Skie Course: A Rob themed course

Loki Fusion Course: A Loki themed course

Under Sedation Live Course: This course highlights some the brightest moments of USL history

Ranma's Anime Jam Session: Approved by our friend Ranma highlights his favorite anime Openings

ssj100matt Choice Course: A course created by me :P

Misty Choice Course: Mistys personally chosen course

Classic Games of the Week: This course shows off songs from our favorite games

Internet MEME Remix course: Our favorite internet MEME's remixed

Cagematch favorites: Highlights the winners and longtime favorites of the Cagematch

Show Roll course: Shows off some of the songs you hear during OLR

Rob. Rob. Rob. Rob: Another Rob themed course

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by ssj100matt on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby DarkTetsuya » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:32 pm

And I just got the ES/OMES to work (well I assume the OMES works, if the ES does... no way I'll be able to find out though LOL)

ssj100matt and I are just ironing out the final details, so expect to see news in the coming weeks!
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkTetsuya » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:42 pm

Another real quick update!:

- Fixed the 'screencompany' graphic so it's not just the 'stepmania' logo anymore. (now with more appropriate opening jingle!)
- New banners for some of your old favorite OLRevolution 1st mix songs
- Even though Konami beat me to it, 'Never Gonna Give You Up' now has its video!
- found a much more complete stepset for one of the new songs, so expect to see them in the final release!!
- Don't Play Nice -Zodiac-'s edit steps got bumped up to an oni chart, which appears in one of the brand-new challenge courses!!
The game will be kind of light on unlocks, but longtime/oldschool fans should appreciate the surprises I have in store for you guys.:3
- Bumble Bee ~FROM skie's voice: the game~ I finally got around to fixing...the original steps were a crappy hack of the ITG steps, but I replaced em with the 3rd mix+ steps, so they should work a little better now.
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkTetsuya » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:52 am

Check out The Official Youtube Page for your first look at the biggest fan project to come out of almost 8 years of Orange Lounge Radio!
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkTetsuya » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:57 pm

Since some of the courses feature these new charts, here's something to whet your collective appetites before the official launch on 12/24!

Bon appetit! :3

New/changed song updates wrote:Never Gonna Give You Up - New has the video
Don't Play Nice -Zodiac- Misty's edit bumped up to ONI, and new banner
Bumble Bee -FROM skie's voice the game- fixed with the 3rd MIX+ steps and new banner
Cotton Eye Joe -FROM skie's voice the game- New banner
ROB./Drunk Drunk Revolution/MAX9001 - new DM--Bresslol-approved ONI charts

LESS THAN A WEEK TO GO!!
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkTetsuya » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:01 pm

SO I just submitted the final update to ssj100matt. (All songs have their own banner now)

3 moar days!
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Return to Bemani Discussion