Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

ATTACK OF THE 50FT DDR CLONES!!!! (ok not really 50FT)

Hey, we haven't forgotten our roots as a Music Video Game station. Talk about DDR/IIDX and all that note smashing here.

ATTACK OF THE 50FT DDR CLONES!!!! (ok not really 50FT)

Postby LOKI » Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:36 am

Taken from the Aaroninjapan boards:

Dance Dance Diet:
http://www.polgok.co.kr/pride/images/ddr.jpg

Plug It?
http://pcweb.mycom.co.jp/news/2001/03/23/ddr.jpg

DDR card game?
http://untitled.ecau.net/images/oekaki/DDR-Card.png

DAM-DDR, made by konami???
http://www.bigecho.jp/machine.html

That looks interesting KaraokemaniaX...or KaraokemiX.
LOKI
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby St00pidBaka » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:20 pm

Comments:

Dance Dance Diet - It looks like a Pump It Up rip off then it looks like a Dance Dance Revolution rip off. I think so because of the dance pads having the diagonal arrows instead of the standard arrows we'd think up of when we think of DDR.

DDR Card Game - This looks like someone was bored and scanned one of their "Yu-Gi-Oh!" cards and decided to have some fun in Photoshop. It looks like they did a crappy job, and I seriously doubt a DDR card game. It would be nice, but even if it were true it wouldn't take off and it'd be stupid - maybe.

Plug It - This looks more like a random game made for a television game show kind of thing. It looks like a DDR rip off and it kind of is, but in reality the background and stuff gives me the information to assume it's on a TV show, possibly a game show. It looks cool though.

Dam DDR - This actually looks cool. It might be a predecessor of Karaoke Revolution or something. I heard about a karaoke machine that was for the arcade, but it was expensive and didn't do well. I heard that Konami recalled it unfortunatly. I do believe that it could be made by Konami but again with the "Photoshop" technology someone could've just done that for the fun of nothing. Who knows, it might be true. I kind of doubt it though...

Cool stuff, and nice finds Loki! :D
Got Orange Lounge Radio?
My NNR DDR Scores!
St00pidBaka
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby LOKI » Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:53 pm

Actually DAM-DDR is mislabled. The picture is of Dance Dance Revolution: Karaoke Mix. An ultra rare DDR machine with thousands of songs in it. It's available to play at this night club which this page is part of.
LOKI
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Corvair » Wed May 25, 2005 4:31 am

I got tipped off about more DDR clones, of course ITG is a clone that installs into DDR cabinets but listen to this:

Dancing Dancers Revolving
No pictures but listen, bad quality DDR EX songs, all graphics made in Paint, and since when does Legend of Max have lyrics?!
Corvair
New Listener
New Listener

Postby Sephy » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:43 pm

Diet DDR? Well, well the speakers would be orgamsic if they were or a normal machine. I really can't stand the cornered version O_o;

PLUG-IT: That I played >_>;; look at that picture, nuf said. Good but, love the orgional

DDR Card game? XD We wait, will it happen?

DAM-DDR: I've seen this at an arcade near me. Fun to play ^^ but still kinda odd, like being as embarassed as we all are when we first play DDR.. I really think, that it needs to stay, STAY a arcade or club game. Having that at home? *shivers*
Sephy
New Listener
New Listener

Postby tomo_kun » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:51 am

Plug It was actually a Konami product. I remember seeing it on their site.

We DO have a Pump it Up TCG thats legitimate, I could see a DDR one.

DDR Karaoke mix. AFAIK, only two of these exists. There was actually a 2nd mix. It was on yahoo's auction site about a year ago.
tomo_kun
New Listener
New Listener

Return to Bemani Discussion