Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

*e-Amuse are coming to the U.S!*

Hey, we haven't forgotten our roots as a Music Video Game station. Talk about DDR/IIDX and all that note smashing here.

*e-Amuse are coming to the U.S!*

Postby ssj100matt » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:26 pm

It looks like Benson finally caved into the DDR fans demands:

According to the Konami's Website, e-Amuse will finally start appearing on your local DDR Super Nova 2 machines very soon... The first initial US machine that will get it will be at Brunswick Zone, Naperville, IL on March 17th. More locations will pop up soon after that...

If you are unaware of e-Amuse are, here is a copied description of it from DDR freak.
For those unaware, Konami's e-AMUSEMENT service is an online service used with a multitude of Konami's arcade games, including Dance Dance Revolution. The presence of e-AMUSEMENT on a DDR machine allows for, among other things, score tracking and saving, internet rankings, tournament results, and most importantly, unlockable content. The e-AMUSEMENT service previously being restricted to certain Asian countries is the reason why the USA arcade release of Dance Dance Revolution SuperNOVA2 has yet to see any unlockable content, but Konami's movement to bring the service to the United States will finally give us the content that we have sorely been lacking.

Now the real question is if this will save DDR?.... I seriously doubt it IMO... But this may get me back into the arcades playing again...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Re: *e-Amuse are coming to the U.S!*

Postby VxJasonxV » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:32 pm

ssj100matt wrote:It looks like Benson finally caved into the DDR fans demands:
Needing to "cave in" in order to go towards a popular feature is win.

Oh... wait.

ssj100matt wrote:Now the real question is if this will save DDR?.... I seriously doubt it IMO... But this may get me back into the arcades playing again...
If done right.
And what have I said will happen when eAmuse hits the US?
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Re: *e-Amuse are coming to the U.S!*

Postby sephiroth1215 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:11 am

VxJasonxV wrote:
ssj100matt wrote:It looks like Benson finally caved into the DDR fans demands:
Needing to "cave in" in order to go towards a popular feature is win.

Oh... wait.

ssj100matt wrote:Now the real question is if this will save DDR?.... I seriously doubt it IMO... But this may get me back into the arcades playing again...
If done right.
And what have I said will happen when eAmuse hits the US?

Huh? What do you mean "if done right"? We already know how e-amuse works for DDR, unless you mean they need to make sure many locations have it.

And will it save arcade DDR? Well since all the hype even before SN2 was released revolved around e-amuse, hell yeah since it's a very different way to play in the arcades. All the other card reader games in arcades are the most popular ones that people still go to arcades for (maximum tune, Initial D, Tekken ect.) and now this is the first arcade game to actually connect to the internet in the U.S. The unlocking alone will constantly bring players back in since it's the best business strategy for an arcade game that for some reason DDR only used once before with MAX 2. Also those unlockable songs are good on SN2 with actually a lot of good charts mixed in.

I guess we'll still have to wait and see since we have no idea how many locations will even get this as SN2 isn't even around in many places now. But that also could be since the players have been telling arcades not to worry about SN2 because it sucks without e-amuse.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby asuka245 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:43 am

e-Amuse:

well they where designed in japan to work like to unlock music for u,all your personal data from each game u play is on there and your region to.but the downside is..only that user if they got it on there card and it has all the song of supernova 2 unlocked AC. the card does not upload to the arcade just acts like a reader only not a song uploaded. just has your personal data..so other people have to work hard for it if they want that data on there card more or less.

But to not go into detail the card saves your record of each konami game and gives u a internet slot of how u rank in your country u live in.

that is cool.

well in the america we should have them on DDR SuperNova2 or X,Pop n Music, Beatmania II DX DJ Troopers or Empress.
asuka245
New Listener
New Listener

Return to Bemani Discussion