Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

IIDX GOLD ON TEST IN US ARCADES! ON NOW TILL 3/19

Hey, we haven't forgotten our roots as a Music Video Game station. Talk about DDR/IIDX and all that note smashing here.

IIDX GOLD ON TEST IN US ARCADES! ON NOW TILL 3/19

Postby DarkTetsuya » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:53 pm

As you saw on the front page, apparently Betson is planning on putting beatmania IIDX on test here in the US! Right now they only have plans to put it in one location, but hopefully if it does well it'll get a wide release in arcades. (And with any luck, another home release.)

So for any of you OLRmy recruits in Naperville, Illinois, be on the lookout!

EDIT: Updated! IIDX GOLD now at Naperville BZ for two weeks starting today! hopefully there will be pics and videos available on the net within the week.

DT
Last edited by DarkTetsuya on Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby sephiroth1215 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:44 am

Damn nowhere near me. I was hoping it would be in NJ again where Betson is.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby ssj100matt » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:18 am

Phoenix won't get one until its released... Like Seph said i can guarantee a machine in the NY/NJ area... And im sure plenty more in California and Texas... If it is indeed iidx Gold then im all over Ghostbusters... :P

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby DJTyrant » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:32 pm

I'll punch babies if this turns out to be a hoax.
DJTyrant
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby ssj100matt » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:38 pm

DJTyrant wrote:I'll punch babies if this turns out to be a hoax.

Babies?.... Fuck that if this is false ill punch Nuns...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby VxJasonxV » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:14 pm

Chatter from last sunday's ( Jan. 28 ) show.

Us crazy chatters in #orangelounge wrote:Jan 28 21:40:30 {+Mecklar} oh and IIDX gold is going over to america. left the uk a day ago. not sure where it's going though. you guys got any big conventions or game shows soon?
Jan 28 21:40:48 {@VxJasonxV} Mecklar, Konami's Gamers Day :O:O:O
Jan 28 21:40:49 {@VxJasonxV} OMG
Jan 28 21:40:51 {@VxJasonxV} GOLD AT GAMERS DAY
Jan 28 21:40:54 {@DarkTetsuya} Mecklar: seriously?
Jan 28 21:40:55 {@VxJasonxV} ROB, I WANNA GO ;_;
Jan 28 21:40:59 {@Drewnami} BABY YOU'RE SOLID GOLD
Jan 28 21:41:00 {+ddrdollarbill} wow
Jan 28 21:41:03 {+MysticGohan} lol
Jan 28 21:41:03 {+Mecklar} yep left atei on the last day
Jan 28 21:41:12 {+Mecklar} the latest build not even seen in japan ^_^
Jan 28 21:41:15 {+Toshin} Ghostbusters FTW
Jan 28 21:41:17 {+ddrdollarbill} freestyle?!
Jan 28 21:41:18 {@VxJasonxV} sexy
While it wasn't at gamer's day, turns out it still hit US Shores anyways.
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

lawl.

Postby Kikoman2DX » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:41 am

thank jesus. I'm going to Illinois where my grandparents live. their church is in naperville. so I'll go ditch church and praise IIDX for the day.
When i do go, whenever the date for testing starts; I'll hopefully give everyone coverage.
Kikoman2DX
New Listener
New Listener

Re: lawl.

Postby DarkTetsuya » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:20 pm

Kikoman2DX wrote:thank jesus. I'm going to Illinois where my grandparents live. their church is in naperville. so I'll go ditch church and praise IIDX for the day.
When i do go, whenever the date for testing starts; I'll hopefully give everyone coverage.

Well, you know what happens to those who worship false idols (especially GOLDen ones :P)

DT
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby Sai-kun » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:17 am

Omg. D: I live in Chicago...so Naperville isn't THAT far. *goes to look at a map*

I've got a new digital camera, too! :D So maaaybe I'll get to go down there monday or something and get some pics \o\
This is how it all beginS
Sai-kun
Supporter
Supporter

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:10 pm

Welp, it's on the boat!

(From ry19.com, Ryan Monahan's official site: )

IIDX Gold: In response to all of the rumors I would like to clearly explain the information that I have received directly from Toshiaki Nakagawa, the Manager of North American Business Department for Konami. He has explained the the game is currently on a boat from Japan to the United States. The game has been 'Americanize' which he explain meant that the menu's are in English but music has remained true to the game. He first showed interest in testing the game at Naperville back in October during the first phase of the Crazy Streets test. The time line he gave me was that he would like to bring it out here in February. The most current information is that it will be here in early March. They would like to test it for two weeks then take it to the Arcade Show. These forums have helped to display the interest in which I have passed along to them. With the understanding that everyone has an opinion on this topic please respond to the accurate information that I'm trying to get out. All I can do is maintain the good working relationship with Konami. Please keep in mind that the IIDX testing is on Konami's schedule, not mine. Some people don't like the fact that I announced that IIDX Gold is coming to Naperville but Konami wanted to ensure that there is big fan base to ensure a good test. I communicate with Naoki Okada, VP of Amusement Business Division for Konami, usually on a bi-weekly basis since October. I want this game here as bad as everyone else and I'm doing my part to help get it here.

So again a call out to all the Naperville OLRmy guys, get out there and let us know how it is!

DT
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby krispykreme » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:57 pm

IIDX AC YES!!!
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby PkerUNO » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:26 am

Why is this a surprise? You knew it was coming to Europe, and it was only a matter of time before it was announced in the US too. Supernova was announced in the same way. :/
PkerUNO
PkerUNO
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby ssj100matt » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:45 am

PkerUNO wrote:Why is this a surprise? You knew it was coming to Europe, and it was only a matter of time before it was announced in the US too. Supernova was announced in the same way. :/

I think its because this is the first time that a Beatmania arcade machine has been formally announced in the US like this... With news like that it could bring about some more home console versions of the game (US based of course)...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby tweak_ » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:09 pm

ssj100matt wrote:
PkerUNO wrote:Why is this a surprise? You knew it was coming to Europe, and it was only a matter of time before it was announced in the US too. Supernova was announced in the same way. :/

I think its because this is the first time that a Beatmania arcade machine has been formally announced in the US like this... With news like that it could bring about some more home console versions of the game (US based of course)...

We had 5 key here :D Hiphopmania :o
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby sephiroth1215 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:52 am

tweak_ wrote:
ssj100matt wrote:

We had 5 key here :D Hiphopmania :o

Ugh I played that once where the machine was stuck in a corner and had a lot of rust.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Next

Return to Bemani Discussion