Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

DDR: Hottest Party on the Wii

Hey, we haven't forgotten our roots as a Music Video Game station. Talk about DDR/IIDX and all that note smashing here.

DDR: Hottest Party on the Wii

Postby skie » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:57 pm

So.... interesting, huh? What do you think?
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby DJTyrant » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:16 pm

The game looks like an absolute blast, I can not wait!!!
DJTyrant
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby DarkTetsuya » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:27 pm

I'll probably wind up getting it, although I'll miss my ignition pad. :(

EDIT: GameTrailers has a couple of preview videos here if you wanna check them out in the meantime. (That's the nastiest beginner chart I've ever seen, even worse than any of the maxes, LOL.)

EDIT 2: oops, apparently that's not the version that was at KGD. my bad. (But you can still see what the game roughly looks like in the video)

DT
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby ssj100matt » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:56 pm

From the trailer that i saw this does look like it can be a great mix... And the fact that its on the Wii could make it even better... I wouldn't be surprised if they in corporate peoples Mii's as danceable characters or at least as a backup dancer character... I'm really curious if they will have some sort of online feature... I would think it would be easy to create a buddy list with peoples Friendscodes but im sure since its at the development stages its still a stretch... But this big news will make me hold back on getting a new metal pad any time soon...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby mikew0440 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:07 pm

Front page on digg, way to go OLR.
mikew0440
Supporter
Supporter

Postby sephiroth1215 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:15 am

Ok now there really should be a new control box made to have Wii/GC and 360 support. Not only can I not use soft pads on my carpet room but I don't feel like having 10 pads laying around and I paid a lot of money for my metal pad.

I'm not too surprised by the announcement of a DDR for the Wii since they want to make the DDR next-gen jump and Wii is the best in terms of development.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby YURILOVER » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:41 am

I <333 ddr wii
Click All Zig.
YURILOVER
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby DarkTetsuya » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:47 am

sephiroth1215 wrote:Ok now there really should be a new control box made to have Wii/GC and 360 support. Not only can I not use soft pads on my carpet room but I don't feel like having 10 pads laying around and I paid a lot of money for my metal pad.

I'm not too surprised by the announcement of a DDR for the Wii since they want to make the DDR next-gen jump and Wii is the best in terms of development.

Actually I was researching GC->PS2 adapters, I wonder if they would work? (I'd probably have to adjust the timing settings though, right?) Because having to go back to a soft pad that'll probably break in a month anyway would suck.

DT
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby krispykreme » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:33 pm

Interested a little. Not sure if I want to get a home DDR anymore.
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby sephiroth1215 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:35 am

DarkTetsuya wrote:
sephiroth1215 wrote:Ok now there really should be a new control box made to have Wii/GC and 360 support. Not only can I not use soft pads on my carpet room but I don't feel like having 10 pads laying around and I paid a lot of money for my metal pad.

Actually I was researching GC->PS2 adapters, I wonder if they would work? (I'd probably have to adjust the timing settings though, right?) Because having to go back to a soft pad that'll probably break in a month anyway would suck.

DT

Yeah I believe that the response is slower with converters which really can't happen for music games. But making a control box for GC should be easy to do, but the 360 may never get one : (
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:59 am

sephiroth1215 wrote:
DarkTetsuya wrote:

DT

Yeah I believe that the response is slower with converters which really can't happen for music games. But making a control box for GC should be easy to do, but the 360 may never get one : (

You know I thought about that... although don't DDR games usually have a 'timing adjust' setting in the option menu? I don't know which versions specifically had it, but I do remember hearing about it.

DT
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby tweak_ » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:01 pm

i know all the ps2 games have the timing adjust, i think xbox does too
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby GrinWithoutaKat » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:13 am

I'm a total DDR noob, and can't decide if I should be getting excited about this or Universe on 360.
GrinWithoutaKat
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Return to Bemani Discussion