Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Thoughts on the supposed DDR SuperNOVA update?

Hey, we haven't forgotten our roots as a Music Video Game station. Talk about DDR/IIDX and all that note smashing here.

Thoughts on the supposed DDR SuperNOVA update?

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:31 am

So word on the internet is that Konami is supposed to be releasing another update to DDR SuperNOVA, adding what Betson claims to be '2-300 new songs' (Which I just don't see happening, that's a whole 'nother mix's worth of songs) to the game... but it's assumed that that's a typo, that it's supposed to be only 20-30.

So what are your thoughts on this? Even though I've barely had any time with SuperNOVA AC, I wouldn't mind having a few more additional songs to play in the arcade. (Especially if it means my favorite home version-only song, Injection of Love -HINA MIX- from EX2.) ** NOTE that that's not confirmed, I'm just saying that would be the one song I'd like to see if this update is infact legit.**

DT
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby tweak_ » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:20 am

At this point, as someone who goes to a arcade weekly that has a pump, itg, ex, and SN cab, SN gets the least play. Its more or like what a Extreme+ mix would be, the licenses dont keep my interest, and ive been playing the old songs for years now, It could really use some new songs to spice things up a bit.
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby sephiroth1215 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:55 am

It really sounds more like a sequal with that many new songs but I guess we'll see. It does need it though since I got sick of SN very quickly with all the lame songs and steps, all the good ones basically made it on the home version anyway even though that doesn't mean too much.

P.S.- If there was going to be a version of injection of love I suggest just creating new steps for the original, taking away the vocals totally kills the song.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby VxJasonxV » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:30 am

sephiroth1215 wrote:P.S.- If there was going to be a version of injection of love I suggest just creating new steps for the original, taking away the vocals totally kills the song.

Injection of Love *
Injection of Love <3

:D
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:41 am

sephiroth1215 wrote:P.S.- If there was going to be a version of injection of love I suggest just creating new steps for the original, taking away the vocals totally kills the song.

I beg to differ. At least now I can hear the song without the arguments over the chorus associated with the original. And besides, it reminds me of something out of Gradius.

DT
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby sephiroth1215 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:20 am

I would also like a few things to be done with this update.

- Add sort by series
- Make a better difficulty select screen that's faster and doesn't have all music as the last selection
- push the select button twice for options instead of holding it without lifting off
- have an options menu that shows all your possible options on screen
- find someone else who can make the part for memory card slots in order to release

Well that's it for now but I'm sure there are others......but wait a sec, these are all things that were possible with extreme and even are kinda easy to change back to and program in (except for the slots). I wanted this stuff back before but after working at the DDR tourny at digital life a few months back, the changes made my job a lot harder.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby DJTyrant » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:59 am

Cmon ITG songs, please for the love of all this is good :(
DJTyrant
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby DarkTetsuya » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:22 am

DJTyrant wrote:Cmon ITG songs, please for the love of all this is good :(

What the hell's wrong with that machine, anyway? (that monitor's in dire need of fixing) I don't see how anyone can play on that thing... Also this will probably mark the end of weekend visits for us if this is true (at least for playing it on weekends, anyway) given the wait to play with the 300 songs that were already on there...

DT
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby krispykreme » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:26 am

I'd hope its not ITG songs cause then I'm just gonna shoot myself.

I'm all in. (AGI joke)
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby sephiroth1215 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:35 am

There is a person from ZIV who said he or she knew about this since Ditital life from the betson people there (wtf I was working there). They say that this is absolutely true and that it will upgrade the ITG machines.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby ssj100matt » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:10 pm

sephiroth1215 wrote:I would also like a few things to be done with this update.

- Add sort by series
- Make a better difficulty select screen that's faster and doesn't have all music as the last selection
- push the select button twice for options instead of holding it without lifting off
- have an options menu that shows all your possible options on screen
- find someone else who can make the part for memory card slots in order to release

I think the Sort by series should be a given at this point... It would make things slightly easier... But what i would like to see is if they bring back the pad codes for quick option changes... Not a huge deal but it does make things faster for when you want to clear your options quick... But if the new songs are indeed from ITG 1&2 (which i doubt), that would save me the trip of switching machines in the arcade...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby sephiroth1215 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:08 am

And now I also hear not to trust this person from ZIV but I already knew not to really since like I said I was at Digital life and there seemed to be only one person from Betson that was always there and some random person definately would not get info out of him. But everything still sounds solid.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Return to Bemani Discussion