Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

B4U - Acapella Mix

Hey, we haven't forgotten our roots as a Music Video Game station. Talk about DDR/IIDX and all that note smashing here.

B4U - Acapella Mix

Postby WilloughbyJackson » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:39 am

I was hopping around insane Japanese Flash sites when I came upon this.

I knew 2channel (the imfamous big-arse Japanese BBS) had a B4U remix/Flash contest a bit ago, but never saw this one.

To view this Flash movie,once loaded, press "START" (written in English) and then press the last line of Japanese text on the next screen.

http://gca-ambition.hp.infoseek.co.jp/s ... u_B4U.html

-pXw
WilloughbyJackson
New Listener
New Listener

Postby VxJasonxV » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:38 pm

It was only a matter of time before Kutimu lands in a flash animation.

If I could read any of it, I might understand what's going on a bit more :P.
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby gameboyguy13 » Mon May 30, 2005 8:24 pm

Since I can read a decent amount of kana, I can detail what's going on. The stuff you see flashing (hehe) around the screen is basically lyrics, written. Yeah. So that しゅー thing you see floating, that's "shuu", a cymbal-type sound. じゅん is basically the "jump" sound, and also, there's the "dedede" sounds transcribed. That's all I could get from one watching; however, I'm sure a literate native could pick up on a lot more. Or someone who opens Flash and views it step-by-step. Heh. Uh, as for the ending screen: I think the top line is a credit, the second is ... I think it says where it came from? The third line says something and then "and respect", so maybe it's a credit, or something. That middle centered line says "repurei" (replay), and the link does just that. The bottom ... well, I think that's a link to the guy's website.

And no, I didn't see any kana saying "dance dance revolution" or "naoki", so either I'm missing it, it's kanji, or it's not there. :|

Glad to be of service anyway... and for the record: although "kutimu" is a valid transcription (and in fact follows the standard set by the Japanese government) that tells exactly which kana are used, a more phonetically accurate transliteration (and also how it should be pronounced) is "kuchi-myuu". The "kuchi" part means voice, and the "myuu" is an adoption of the first two syllables (in Japanese) of the English word "music". Yeah. So there you have it. Hope that adds some meaning to what you're seeing. I admit, it would be kinda interesting to see Roman letters narrating it, but kana is more accurate to what's being said anyway since those are Japanese singers approximating English lyrics (sung by an American singer originally, but that's beside the point). Heh. If I had the time, I might bother to make a Romanized flash of that, but I don't think I'll bother. :P

Nice animation and link.

Edit: On a second watch, I realized something. The things that float around occasionally (くちミュー and one that starts with エス and ends with /B4U) are "kuchi-myuu" (the name of this type of song), and what I think is the author's name and then the song name (obviously B4U). Uh, the name that floats is the same one that appears at the end, and it starts with "esu", so I'm thinking it's probably the name of the creator.
gameboyguy13
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Return to Bemani Discussion