Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

ITG spreading faster than...

Hey, we haven't forgotten our roots as a Music Video Game station. Talk about DDR/IIDX and all that note smashing here.

ITG spreading faster than...

Postby skie » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:53 am

Sounds like ITG has landed at SVGL, which is a pretty good sign that this game is spreading faster than a bad case of herpes.

I'm a little speculative that this could be a continuing trend in arcades, and that ITG is going to turn up at more and more places.

Is this the kick in the ass Konami needs to make a new DDR Arcade mix? Does it put the nail in the coffin of DDR's arcade life? Is it a damn shame to see classic and colorful DDR mixes upgraded to the drab ITG interface?

We're curious about your thoughts......... this topic will probably come up on a future show.
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby OtakuRatt » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:08 am

not sure if anyone else heard that some random company snapped up ITG for the PS2... But I keep hearing the damn rumor at my mall...

~Jason, I think it's just the state I live in that's dumb
OtakuRatt
New Listener
New Listener

Postby VxJasonxV » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:52 pm

OtakuRatt wrote:not sure if anyone else heard that some random company snapped up ITG for the PS2... But I keep hearing the damn rumor at my mall...
Yeah, Roxor Games did :P. They are planning a CS release.
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby LOKI » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:46 pm

If I had the capital I could kill ITG easy.
LOKI
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby DJTyrant » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:45 pm

Well Electric Ave. just got it a little while ago and I am really enjoying it. Keeps me away from Extreme :P.

I sure hope this gets Konami to get off their butts and put out a new DDR. Does anyone know if ITG is getting sent out to Japan, or even being requested out there?
DJTyrant
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Shade23 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:23 pm

I doubt its going to japan actually... maybe some random arcade in japan who wants soemthing diffrent.

We have ITG at 8 on the break and i love it, maybe because its new... who knows, but i think its the greatest thing.

What i think is NOT the greatest thing is this game coming to a home console. It wouldnt even be enjoyable on home console because anything about a 10 is impossible without a bar, even some of the 10s are kind of rediculous without the bar. and seeing how half of the songs have expert steps of 10or greater half of the songs on expert wouldnt even be fun.

I'd finally be able to play Xuxa whenever i wanted but i'd probably kill myself trying.
Shade23
New Listener
New Listener

Postby VxJasonxV » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:18 pm

There are definately some logistics about ITG CS.
I look forward to an Independant PS2 project of that source. Not to mention this will be the first game (that I know of) to directly interface with a USB memory card.

I do really enjoy KeeL/KaW/Inspector K/Naoki-Clone's music. And it'd be nice to have a PS2 grab bag of his work :).

I really do like ITG, ecept for three things:
The Difficulty, it really does get to a point that is just too ridiculous.
The Mines
The Hands
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby Lunarius » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:11 pm

I haven't got a chance to try it out yet, but ITG has made it to Florida already at Rocky's Replay, which shocked me pretty good! I had no clue anyone in Florida had planned to get it so quick, but considering how huge the DDR community here is, it makes sense :) Hopefully I can eventually make a trip up there to give it a go, but the definite plus for me is Missing Heart and E-rotic being on it :D
Lunarius
New Listener
New Listener

overall, I'll say an 8...

Postby Misty » Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:35 pm

Finally got my chance to play it tonight. Pretty awesome, too... (copy of an AIM message to an ITG fanboy that's local)
... A -1 for it being the Ronnie's machine{the crappy pad movie theater from FUs}, but overall ITG = <3 :D Didn't get to try any hard or expert 'cuz I was playing in dress shoes (came from work, was wearing the dress shoes 'cuz I couldn't find my normal work shoes --; ) and didn't want to screw myself entirely. Remembered to play no1 Nation, and I think I played Flying High too {both recommended to me based on his knowledge of my DDR skill, along with hardcore of the north} (played a couple credits with random people, don't remember the songs they picked or half of the ones I played). Impressed random people too, that was fun :) ... About Tough Enough, though... Is ITG the first place that you've heard it? It sounds like I have heard it somewhere else, which I find odd since I don't tend to listen to Z107 or the radio at all these days.

Missing Heart and E-rotic being on it was a plus, and yeah, mines suck. I would still rate this as a worthwhile addition to my Bemani-based "when I win the damn lottery"/dream arcade, though.
Misty
Website Staff
Website Staff

Return to Bemani Discussion