Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

SuperNOVA / Ultramix 4 Songlists REVEALED!

Hey, we haven't forgotten our roots as a Music Video Game station. Talk about DDR/IIDX and all that note smashing here.

SuperNOVA / Ultramix 4 Songlists REVEALED!

Postby DarkTetsuya » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:09 pm

As noted on the front page...Discuss. :P

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby sephiroth1215 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:46 am

This is the same thing I said in DDRfreak....ahem.................................................I HATE EMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adding Dance Dance and losing wookie wookie in superNOVA was the biggest mistake.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby tweak_ » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:08 am

what makes you think it was "lost"? i remember licenes in DDRMAX us being unlocks.
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby Reenee » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:18 am

Correction: LICENSE. NOT PLURAL. And it was a special circumstance as well.
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby ssj100matt » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:00 am

tweak_ wrote:what makes you think it was "lost"? i remember licenes in DDRMAX us being unlocks.

They did say that there would only be a small handful of actual SuperNova tracks from the arcade... Maybe on the Online exclusive tracks but i dont see them adding something like Wookie Wookie...

As for the song list.... Ummm.... To be blunt i dont like it... With those new songs in there (LIKE FUCKING FALL OUT BOY) its starting to look like a EA game soundtrack... BWHOH is a interesting addition and i am happy that they put Freckles on there so i can Cosplay as Kenshin and dance around like a fool to it in the privacy of my own home :lol: ...

But in all seriousness this song list isnt really grabbing me (aside from the songs i mentioned above)... Then again it could be worse... They could have Linkin Park, Simple Plan, and Good Charlotte songs on there...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby tweak_ » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:44 am

um3 had good charolette=[. and as usual, the xbox xonglist is looking better than the ps2's. the ultramix series is the only one really pushing ddr forward.
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby sephiroth1215 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:04 am

Eh I guess so but EX2 was damn good and I liked it better than UM3. Some of those songs really do suck but the other ones look very promising and I was overall pleased what was shown and hopefull the unlocks will be exceptionally good.......actually I just hope they're arcade songs for edits use. Also that whole online song thing is really confusing and I hope that will be something that songs that are only possible through online play because having a song that could only be used online would be one of the dumbest moves konami has thought up of next to changing the interface for EXUS to complete crap.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby DarkTetsuya » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:14 am

sephiroth1215 wrote:Eh I guess so but EX2 was damn good and I liked it better than UM3. Some of those songs really do suck but the other ones look very promising and I was overall pleased what was shown and hopefull the unlocks will be exceptionally good.......actually I just hope they're arcade songs for edits use. Also that whole online song thing is really confusing and I hope that will be something that songs that are only possible through online play because having a song that could only be used online would be one of the dumbest moves konami has thought up of next to changing the interface for EXUS to complete crap.

I'm guessing there will be a significant amount of arcade songs as unlocks, since I'd guess Konami wants to push the 'arcade-home link' like they like to do (especially like how they tout it as some new 'zomg exclusive new feature!!!1one')

And I don't know about the 'online song' thing, but at least they didn't go the 'downloadable songpack' route. (Considering that not every PS2 has HDD access.)

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby sephiroth1215 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:19 pm

Yeah I just hope that those online songs are already on the disc and will be unlocked through online play.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby skie » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:45 am

FYI if you want to hear clips of these songs, I've updated our iTunes playlist with ALL the new tracks i could find:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... 2&s=143441

Oh and rate the playlist a 5 because some punks keep rating it low :(
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby The23rdMagus » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:37 pm

I hate MTVmo. >_<
The future is comin' on...
The23rdMagus
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby BlairIsTheKing » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:22 pm

Yeah, I looked at the songlist, and not to be a whiny little prick or anything but, KONAMI HAS FUCKING SCREWED THE U.S OVER AGAIN! Why do those fucktards always do this? Oh well, I'm going to pirate the jap version, just so I can get what I'm actually paying for (OR NOT!) lol
BlairIsTheKing
New Listener
New Listener

Postby krispykreme » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:21 pm

Yeah. Fallout boy is dumb.

Maybe you should all convert to ITG lovers!!!
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby VxJasonxV » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:17 am

Because we all know that DDR America (all versions) have been the greatness that is 'MC Groovz Dance Craze'...

We know that Konami has ignored all of our feedback, has constantly underinnovated, has declined to branch out and get new music.

We know that they ignore those who want to battle across the globe, and most of all, we know that Konami is Sony's bitch.

We know that DDR in the arcades is dead, and that they will never work to fix any of the issues that ever occur.

Can anybody spot the truth in this post?
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby tweak_ » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:10 am

krispykreme wrote:Yeah. Fallout boy is dumb.

Maybe you should all convert to ITG lovers!!!

Back off Kyle Ward's cock. Fall out boy, as bad as it is, is still better than vertex^2, and most other itg songs..
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Return to Bemani Discussion