Live feed: http://www.twitch.tv/ddrworldrecord
Starts: 5am EST, 19th Nov.
Ends: 9pm EST, 20th Nov.
(I see what you did thar)
Travis Houk (dahrkdaiz on Bemanistyle) is attempting to break the Guinness world record for longest consecutive time playing DDR, target goal of 40 hours.
If you're anywhere near Zuma Fun Center in Knoxville, TN give him some encouragement! Not only is this a world record attempt, Travis and others making a donation to Second Harvest Food Bank throughout the duration of the challenge.
Given the time difference he will be done at 6pm PST
(just in time for OLR .)
As of this posting he is 8 hours in and mucking about on Light mode. For those of you wondering what the criteria are:
- You must begin on the lowest difficulty available (Beginner) and move up to a higher level every 5 hours.
- Once you reach the highest level (Challenge) you must play the highest level available on a song (no Challenge, play Expert)
- You cannot fail a song.
- You are given a 10 minute break for every full hour that you complete. Example: Complete 4 hours and 30 minutes, you are only given 40 minutes of break time. You can choose to use all or partial amount of the break time. Any unused portion is carried forward.
- Unused break time is not added to the end of your record.
- He must be witnessed by two people at all times.
- No rules on replaying the same song over and over. No rules on playing all the songs.
- No rules on bar use, but he refraining from using the bar.
- He is given 20 seconds to make any menu selection from the time it is made available (song selection, options, score results, etc).
Good luck brave dancer, may the arrows guide you straight and true!