Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

DDR world record attempt

Hey, we haven't forgotten our roots as a Music Video Game station. Talk about DDR/IIDX and all that note smashing here.

DDR world record attempt

Postby Izam » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:40 am

Cross posted because we need more discussionings!

Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/ddrworldrecord
Live feed: http://www.twitch.tv/ddrworldrecord
Starts: 5am EST, 19th Nov.
Ends: 9pm EST, 20th Nov.
(I see what you did thar)

Travis Houk (dahrkdaiz on Bemanistyle) is attempting to break the Guinness world record for longest consecutive time playing DDR, target goal of 40 hours.
If you're anywhere near Zuma Fun Center in Knoxville, TN give him some encouragement! Not only is this a world record attempt, Travis and others making a donation to Second Harvest Food Bank throughout the duration of the challenge.

:!: Given the time difference he will be done at 6pm PST :!:
(just in time for OLR :D.)

As of this posting he is 8 hours in and mucking about on Light mode. For those of you wondering what the criteria are:

Rules
  • You must begin on the lowest difficulty available (Beginner) and move up to a higher level every 5 hours.
  • Once you reach the highest level (Challenge) you must play the highest level available on a song (no Challenge, play Expert)
  • You cannot fail a song.
  • You are given a 10 minute break for every full hour that you complete. Example: Complete 4 hours and 30 minutes, you are only given 40 minutes of break time. You can choose to use all or partial amount of the break time. Any unused portion is carried forward.
  • Unused break time is not added to the end of your record.
  • He must be witnessed by two people at all times.
  • No rules on replaying the same song over and over. No rules on playing all the songs.
  • No rules on bar use, but he refraining from using the bar.
  • He is given 20 seconds to make any menu selection from the time it is made available (song selection, options, score results, etc).

Good luck brave dancer, may the arrows guide you straight and true!
Izam
New Listener
New Listener

Re: DDR world record attempt

Postby DarkTetsuya » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:38 am

oh hey there -- I'm actually watching it right now (the audio kinda sucks but I guess having to use his cellphone, so what're ya gonna do? :( I'm still in there showing support though!)

And I did repost the story on the main page with all the pertient linkage, so there ya go. :D
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby Izam » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:28 pm

I'm really interested to see how far he goes. To be honest this reminds me of the time I supported my friends GQD and RedDevilD when they did 500 Songs to Freedom, but hopefully with less comatose at the end. Another thing to note about this is the fact that another player Carrie Swidecki is going to try and take the title from him in a couple months. So no only do we have a record breaking event we have a potentially short turn around for the title as well. Hopefully this brings a little attention to their charities as well but so far no one has seemed to notice :( .
Izam
New Listener
New Listener

Postby DarkTetsuya » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:35 pm

Update: (from his twitter and a post over at Aaron In Japan: )

dahrkdaiz wrote:Guinness has rejected my claim on the basis that with the provided video, they have monitored a lack of user input for up to 60 seconds. I tried to contact them by phone to no avail, so I am asking them via email what portion of the video shows a lack of user input that was not during a rest period. I'm going to fight this.

wtf?! will definetly be keeping an eye on this for further developments!
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby Izam » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:44 am

I want a clear answer for denying an attempt over a rule that was never stated before the attempted was executed. I am not amused :evil:
Izam
New Listener
New Listener

Return to Bemani Discussion