Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Comedy Central to bring back Futurama

Get to know those other listeners of Orange Lounge Radio... maybe things you didn't even want to know about o_O

Comedy Central to bring back Futurama

Postby ssj100matt » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:13 pm

It turns out Futurama isnt dead yet.... According to AICN and TVweek.com...

June 22, 2006
Comedy Central Revives 'Futurama'
Latest Fox Project to Reappear on Cable
By James Hibberd
Three years after Fox canceled the show, Matt Groening's "Futurama" will resume production for a 13-episode run on Comedy Central. The new episodes will be added to the network's library of 72 "Futurama" episodes previously licensed from 20th Century Fox Television. Voice talent Billy West, Katey Sagal and John DiMaggio will return for the new episodes, which will debut in 2008.

"There is a deep and passionate fan base for this intelligent and very funny show that matches perfectly with our audience and it is great that we can offer them not just the existing library, but something they've never seen as well," said David Bernath, senior VP, programming, Comedy Central.

"Futurama" marks the third Fox project revived by basic cable in recent years. New episodes of "Greg the Bunny" are being ordered by IFC, and Fox resurrected "Family Guy" after the series found success on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim.

--

When i saw that Greg the Bunny was being brought back i took a step back and thought it was a joke but it turns out that was true also... Anyways its good to see that someone will bring back Futurama... Im just wondering why Cartoon Network/Adult Swim didnt snag them first... Im assuming they offered them more cash... Anyways with this move i wonder if they will be taking someone elses timeslot... Maybe, Drawn Together?... Which i hope happends since i never got into the show in the first place... I thought at first South Park but their contracts not up till 2010....

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby djratchet » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:42 am

Didn't someone mention this before, only to find out it wasn't true? It looks real this time though. I cant wait for more Futurama. :D
djratchet
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ssj100matt » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:47 pm

yeah i brought this up months ago... Billy West (the voice of Fry) spoke to soon but this seems to be the real deal now...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby Fry » Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:08 am

Alot happens when you're gone for a week o_O

Gotfuturama.com is where I get most of my news, and they're very reliable with this kind of stuff. They posted this earlier, but have updated saying:

"It seems that some of these articles got some things confused. The 4 DVD movies which we reported about a few days ago will eventually be shown as 4 episodes each on Comedy Central. This makes the number of episodes 16, not 13. But as I understand it, there is no other new content other than those movies."

So...yeah.
Fry
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby CTyankeeboy » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:58 am

really they are going to bring greg the bunny back that rocks and futurama now all i have to do is get cable so i can watch comedy central
CTyankeeboy
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Return to Random Chatter