Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

BATTLE ROYALE COMING TO THE US? (sort of)

Get to know those other listeners of Orange Lounge Radio... maybe things you didn't even want to know about o_O

BATTLE ROYALE COMING TO THE US? (sort of)

Postby DarkTetsuya » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:56 am

link

Personally I don't think there's any way in hell this will ever work, but that's just me. (I have seen the original, and unless they're aiming for a high R they should just not bother.)

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby Metroid_Reaper » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:32 am

I have all 15 mangas and have seen the movie...I hope it works out...
Do you know the terror of he who falls asleep? To the very toes he is terrified, because the ground gives way under him, and the dream begins.
Metroid_Reaper
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby metroid_eater » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:56 am

I have read all 15 mangas and have not seen the movie.. I hope they make it too...
"Sleep, those little slices of death, how I loathe them" - Poe
metroid_eater
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby DarkTetsuya » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:11 pm

Well given just how violent the original movie was, I don't know if an R will do it, maybe a hard-R, if they attempt it. (if they're aiming for PG-13 they should just stop right now, or it'll just end up another alien vs. predator :( )

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby ssj100matt » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:39 pm

I really dont think you can Americaniz this... Ive seen the movie and i didnt like it... Then again i hate most Live action Japanese movies (like Versus and Suicide Club) but thats my opinion...

Anyways its already NOT looking good since they hired Neal Moritz to produce it... And if you know who he is or have already IMDB his name then you know he is responsable for (get ready for a long list): All 3 Fast and the Furious's, Stealth, XXX 1 and 2, Swat, Tourque, Cruel Intentions, Urban Legends and I Know what you did last summer.... Also the guy who Produced the Ring and the Grudge will Co produce it but i think you get the idea... I know they are just the producers and they arent accually directing it but producers do hire people they feel will be able to bring THEIR image to life... And judging from what their previous credits are it will end up being set in post apocalyptic L.A with popular teen actors playing gang members going around killing eachother...

The only way i could see this working is if they get someone like John Carpenter to direct it (who might be the only one to water it down enough for it to accually get an R rating and at least give it some justice as well) ... Otherwise it doesnt look too good

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby DarkTetsuya » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:55 pm

ssj100matt wrote:Also the guy who Produced the Ring and the Grudge will Co produce it but i think you get the idea...

Well, those were both originally Japanese movies too, right? Just pointing that out for those that didn't already know.

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby tweak_ » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:25 pm

the ring was decent...grudge was downright horrible.
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:33 pm

I dont think i'd watch it if it was remade. I dont think it would work right but thats my opinion

Return to Random Chatter