Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Information!

Get to know those other listeners of Orange Lounge Radio... maybe things you didn't even want to know about o_O

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Information!

Postby jeremytodd1 » Tue May 09, 2006 10:29 am

The conference just got over, and it was great.

---------Wii-

The price and launch date of the Wii still hasn't been revealed, but hopefully it will be revealed soon enough.

They showed a lot of videos from a lot of games, including Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxies, Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles, Red Steel, Wario Ware Wii, Tony Hawk Downhill Jam, Sonic, Pilotwings, and a lot more games that I can't think of right now.

They also showed Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess being played on the Wii. You can make quick jabs with the controller and then Link will swing the sword to hit enemies. You can also aim your boomerang, hookshot, and bow and arrow with the controller. There are also some other things they will talk about at a later time, like they are going to talk more about a fishing mini game.

It is also confirmed that the controller has a speaker in it, and this will add a whole new depth to video games.

The Wii will also ALWAYS be connected to the internet, (example:) so you will be able to go to a friends town in Animal Crossing even if they aren't playing.

One person of the audience also got to play the Wii on stage. They played a tennis game and they were running all around and it looks pretty fun.

--------Nintendo DS----------

They showed a few new games for the DS that will be out later this year. They also said there shoudl be over 100 new games out by the end of 2006.

Some of the bigger games were Starfox DS (finally!), Diddy Kong Racing 2, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Miniglass, and I think there were a few other games too which I can't think of.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a pretty good conference over all I think.
jeremytodd1
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby TheAmplidude » Tue May 09, 2006 4:36 pm

You forgot Yoshi's Island 2 for DS

What a kick-ass press conference :D
TheAmplidude
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ssj100matt » Tue May 09, 2006 7:02 pm

I really thought the speeches were really really cheesy... The footage was put together quite well though... Im excited about the Wii now more than ever... Im really not to impressed they decieded to make a FF:CC for the Wii... That was a very dissapointing game and im really surprised they have decieded to make more... I really was not impressed by Metriod Prime 3... The graphics and the feel of the game look just like all the others... Sure we can use the nunchuck adapter for the light grapple but overal the game looks none diffrent from the previous 2 Primes... I really liked the Red Steel Presentation... That is going to be a quality franchise in the making

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby DJPooEater » Wed May 10, 2006 8:04 pm

I know that nothing was said or even mentioned about LOKI's "real" 3d idea that we all thought about for the "Wii" but I have watched the nintendo press confrence like 3 times now and I think that that is not all together false...if you notice when they do the long video of people playing and montage of games...when Rayman comes on (aside from the freaky kid) i noticed something....there is a shot real fast of the back of raymans head with the kids playing around him on the couch....it didn't look like it was in a TV....i could just be a anal retentive nintendo fanboy but i think that Wii have not heard all the details coming from......well.....Wii!
DJPooEater
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby DJPooEater » Wed May 10, 2006 8:06 pm

oh yeah and one more thing....I don't care what anyone says...
That Wii controller will COMPLEATLY enhance first person shooters! I cannot wait!
DJPooEater
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Return to Random Chatter