Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

All Games Shows

Get to know those other listeners of Orange Lounge Radio... maybe things you didn't even want to know about o_O

All Games Shows

Postby Reenee » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:55 am

I appreciate Orange Lounge Radio's podcast offerings, especially with their blatant disregard for sports games, which is a plus. :3

But unfortunately, as much as I would wish to listen in like I used to for awhile, sometimes stuff gets in the way...or I forget. Hey, it's not my fault I took a 1-year vacation off FFXI after having played it for...just...a...month... -_-

...and still kept paying the subscription fee during that year...

...and Kingdom Hearts II...

But anyway, I force myself to hold off on listening till Sundays. I have to help my mom and it gets abysmal for the 6-8 hours I'm there. I listen to the podcast and then I set my iPod to shuffling everything else. But even that gets a bit tiresome.

So I decided to look into the show OLR partnered up with. First show I got, I was a bit skeptical seeing as Scot Rubin and Lawrence Young were discussing Fight Night and Madden. =\ A few more podcasts later, however, and things picked up. It was a pleasant surprise. Nice pick, OLR.

If you've been holding off, I suggest you subscribe to the All Games feed NOW. The entire last week was a hilarious saga about yet another podcast called Gaming Steve and its Broadway Show-like intro. It's a must-listen. Add to the fact that it's a daily podcast, and you have a steady stream of fresh material that is constant, not to mention lengthy.

I might actually want to go down to the Arena Lounge and try to sneak upstairs to be a part of the show (oh dear GOD NO!) or something since it's within my vicinity. They seem mighty friendly.

PS-skie, did you sneak onto their IRC chat once? :P They've mentioned OLR a few times, once as a possible human shield (listen to the whole last week :P).
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby skie » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:46 am

Thanks, Reenee! We think they are good allies too and I think the fact that they do talk about Fight Night and Madden and such actually compliments us well since we don't usually bring up those types of games. It's like, if you listen to both, you'll have a lot of it covered. Don't forget our friend Bobby Blackwolf too though he does a show there. And they are slowly bringing other indie casts on board...

We'll actually all be at their studio, the Arena Lounge, during E3 time... http://www.e3outpost.com ... you don't have to be a E3 attendee to go to this event. So I totally invite our listeners to come on down.

While I'm not going to comment on the whole Gaming Steve bit, I did hear the shows last week and heard the comment on me... we met them in person around game developers conference and I'm flattered they remember us :) . I do try to drop into their chat once in a while but unfortunatley they start taping like, right after I'm off work... and I have to try and have a social life at least once in a while :) I do try to listen to as much of their stuff as I can when I have downtime at work where I can put in headphones... Bobby as well.

I totally endorse our listeners checking out other indie podcasts :)
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Blackwolf » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:50 pm

Glad to hear you like it! Scot and Lawrence have a daunting task of filling 10 hours a week, so that's when the craziness starts. Especially in the news void we are in right now pre-E3. Scot DOES play a lot of EA Sports games, but Lawrence is more rooted in reality and likes Nintendo. So it's a good mix.

And don't forget http://www.bobbyblackwolfshow.com/ ... Give it a shot too! ;P *shameless plug*
Blackwolf
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby gk128 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:42 pm

If you ever have the time they broadcast AGI the same as OLR. Live with a chat room. Just head on over to http://www.allgamesradio.com at 8PM EST any weekday.
gk128
New Listener
New Listener

Postby ssj100matt » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:19 pm

well idk i play plenty of sports games... I dont mean like Madden or Fight night but like NHL06 or MLB06 which arent looked at too well... I dont really expect OLR to spark talks about the Yankees or Hockey or get into sports discussions in general (because the show veers off topic enough during the show as it is :lol: )... Which doesnt bother me because im here to listen about the other games that are coming out... If i wanted to hear about sports id turn on ESPN... So it doesnt bug me that the show doesnt talk about them... Just mentioning its release date is good enough for me...

But i digress... I think the way the show should handle sports games is talk about its new features that are in some ways revolutionize to its genre and occasionally gaming in general... I mean not much was said about Superstar mode in Madden when it came out (which also involved family genetics as well)... Now games like MLB06: The show is adopting it... Or how more and more sports games are incorperating the EyeToy to get fans face literally into the game... Or MLB2k6's Insider Edge feature which is 3 years of Baseball scouting to create an AI for each player that is based off that 3 years of data and stats on them... Discussing features and stuff in that sense is fine because you dont have to get into a discussion about sports but your still discussing its sophisticatedness (not a real word i know) in terms of how games are changing these days... I hate to generalize this but im sure there is a very small minority that accually gives any about sports games listens to the show... And i know alot of people dislike sports with a passion but i think we can talk about its features and aspects to it as well without having to get into a discussion about sports...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby LOKI » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:32 am

I'll tell ya what, I'll talk about sports games the non-sports games player might like.
LOKI
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby skie » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:19 am

Did Top Spin 2 and Amped3 not get a lot of airtime this week? :P

Seriously though... I think you bring up a good point that any new technologies or innovations being brought to a sports game should be talked about on our program. Heck, for someone like me who isn't really into football, it's hard to tell all these Madden games apart. (GIVE ME TECMO BOWL!)... I think those innovations that make the games stand out should be applauded and recognized. I would hope that's already kind of happening on the show, but if not, by all means call or e-mail and make us talk about it :P ...
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby ssj100matt » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:09 pm

damn straight... the day EA starts putting Techmo bowl in Madden is the day i start buying them...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby DarkTetsuya » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:06 pm

Tecmo could always remake TB... I mean they've already got the perfect cheerleader models... ;)

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby ssj100matt » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:47 pm

Your right they could but they wouldnt be able to use NFL players or EA would be all over them

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby DarkTetsuya » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:06 pm

ssj100matt wrote:Your right they could but they wouldnt be able to use NFL players or EA would be all over them

You know I forgot about that. Then again they could always do what Midway did... Ninja Football League, anyone? LOL :P

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby VxJasonxV » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:42 pm

skie wrote:Heck, for someone like me who isn't really into football, it's hard to tell all these Madden games apart. (GIVE ME TECMO BOWL!)... I think those innovations that make the games stand out should be applauded and recognized.
NFL BLITZ GUYS

... oh wait :|
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby ssj100matt » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:47 pm

DarkTetsuya wrote:
ssj100matt wrote:Your right they could but they wouldnt be able to use NFL players or EA would be all over them

You know I forgot about that. Then again they could always do what Midway did... Ninja Football League, anyone? LOL :P

DT

yeah or Mutant League Hockey

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby DarkTetsuya » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:50 pm

ssj100matt wrote:
DarkTetsuya wrote:

DT

yeah or Mutant League Hockey

Actually EA did that one themselves... I'm surprised they haven't revived those mutant league games, I guess they're too busy cashing checks from all the Madden sales :P

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Return to Random Chatter