Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Densha Otoko

Get to know those other listeners of Orange Lounge Radio... maybe things you didn't even want to know about o_O

Densha Otoko

Postby lordkaosu » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:42 pm

Been watching some Densha Otoko over the weekend. This is an excellent tv series if you need something to watch. It's 11 1-hour episodes. The story is nothing new, about an otaku who gets the girl. That's it, but it's done very well, just a real funny drama series. I'm only up to ep.6 myself. Tried to watch 7 but my subtitles weren't working for some reason. I broke down and just ordered the HK's off ebay instead on dvd's(no plans to bring this series to the US). There's fansubs available as well, but the only ones I found were encoded so poorly they were unwatchable. Definately worth checking out though.
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby RandomSegaFanboy » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:13 pm

The fansub group I get Sentai series and Garo from really sing the praises of that show. I know I should check it out sometime.
RandomSegaFanboy
New Listener
New Listener

Postby Sakurina » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:35 pm

I got these back in the day they were airing in Japan. Awesome show, but really brought out pain during the first couple episodes. Mainly because I felt some of my past sinking in again to confirm it was true. :(

However, it's awesome entertainment and you guys should definitely check it out.

(Also, best fansubs are the ones you overlay on the RAW files, the Densha-lover ones preferably. Info on that can be found on d-addicts.com)
Sakurina
Supporter
Supporter

Postby lordkaosu » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:07 pm

Yeah, d-addicts was where I got them, I couldn't remember when I posted them. Although I'm having a few problems with my overlays for subs. I can't get a few eps working so it's put the brakes on me finishing the series right now(ep7, 10,11, and finale). For some reason aren't playing the subtitle files, I've even tried finding different files but no luck(I did get a spanish and french sub for ep7 that worked, but I don't read either of those).
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby lordkaosu » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:27 am

I found some different sub files for 10 and 11 that worked for me. I'm still out of 7 and the extra finale. Any ideas what else I can try? I've used a few media players with no luck so I think that's out. I'm not sure how I can check if the sub file is good or not, or if there's something I can do to make sure it's trying to read the sub file.
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby VxJasonxV » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:25 am

VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby lordkaosu » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:26 am

Ok, I'll try those out when I get home. The Core player was also recommended to me but that thing just jams up for some reason as soon as I try to load a video. WMP is what I've been using, it's always worked well.
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Return to Random Chatter