Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Street Fighter... Bhangra?

Get to know those other listeners of Orange Lounge Radio... maybe things you didn't even want to know about o_O

Street Fighter... Bhangra?

Postby Illusion » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:56 pm

Street Fighter Bhangra

Street Fighter Bhangra is my friend and my's newest project. He did all the programming while I helped with the steps and tips on how dancing games should look and play. The idea is to mix a dance and fighting game.

The idea is that you control the Street Fighter characters normally, y'know, left dancepad arrow makes them go left, right dancepad arrow makes them go right, and jumping on both makes the character jump.

The dance part comes in when it comes to fighting. If you want to pull off a weak attack, you need to get four arrows in a row (DDR style!). For a medium attack, hit eight arrows. For a strong attack, hit 12 arrows. The gameplay is about balancing between moving your character around and attacking: defense and offense.

The official cast is Blanka, Chun-li, Dhalsim, Guile, Ryu, Zangief, Ken, and E-honda (in no particular order).

The music selections include 18 Bhangra songs (music in Punjabi, a language of India: think foreign hiphop), 12 Rock songs (all kick butt British underground), and 6 Synthpop songs.

Trailer

Teaser Image: Image
Illusion
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby lordkaosu » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:17 pm

I finally got around to watching the trailor. I dunno what to think about it, the idea seems ok but I dunno.
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Illusion » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:17 am

Street Fighter Bhangra Tech Demo

The demo is here! After months of work, the basic basic demo is here. Hey, that's what you get when only one person programs the puppy. This is a super barebones demo of the game that really just exists as a tech-demo. There still are some bugs that haven't been fixed yet and Ahmed (the programmer) is working on fixing them. But here are the bugs:

- Ken, Chun-li, and E. Honda have sprite issues.
- Two player mode is very buggy, almost unplayable.
- Sometimes the characters switch positions near the beginning of the fight.
- Only one song, and that song isn't coordinated with the arrows.
- No sound bites yet.
Illusion
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Return to Random Chatter