Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

The MTV Gam0rz experience...

Get to know those other listeners of Orange Lounge Radio... maybe things you didn't even want to know about o_O

The MTV Gam0rz experience...

Postby sephiroth1215 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:37 pm

Well I just came back from a taping for MTV next week. Overall it was very fun and it would be cool if they do another BETTER one. We actually did get our own gaming room but it was sooooooo bad. I was stuck playing the newest frogger as most tried to figure out the 360 (at least we got to kind of see one before launch in a somewhat good way) by the way it was a cool black 360. There was another 360 just sitting there on display, taunting me to take. The room was very small and I became very thirsty. Luckily there were bottles of water.......THAT WE CAN'T HAVE!!!!! The actual show was cool since we got free stuff while there was a random Garth Brooks concert going on outside. It was nice to see all of NY's best together like that to have a good time. I will call in on Sunday to speak more about it.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the batteries on the 360 controller dies (that's right even with so many people there was one controller per setup) and someone still had to pretend to play when the camera was around. MTV didn't really know what they were doing and everything kind of backfired.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby thelegendofzaku » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:37 pm

I like to add to that they only focused on one DDR player in particular, and you will see him next week, so this is your cue skie, loki, or whoever can Tivo next tuesday's DFX show. He will also be in an MTV Overdrive special next week as well. In other words, since I managed to hang out with him and his peoples after the taping, my skype call should be worthwhile. About the XB360 controller, the second battery that they had made the damn thing worst. In all, MTV are stingy assholes who lack gaming taste, but Ulitimate Spiderman was the jump-off.

P.S.: wee, I got $100 worth of games (Madden 06 and NBA Live 06 baby :P) that are getting eBayed, thanks MTV for pimpin' my checking account. :twisted:
thelegendofzaku
New Listener
New Listener

Postby sephiroth1215 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:43 am

Thanks to MTV I can now afford Guitar Hero!!!
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Return to Random Chatter