Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Trip soon how can I advertise OLR? Suggestions.

Get to know those other listeners of Orange Lounge Radio... maybe things you didn't even want to know about o_O

Trip soon how can I advertise OLR? Suggestions.

Postby Deekman » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:59 am

Hi everyone soon (1st of Oct) I'm going on a trip from Sydney Australia to Tokyo Japan to Seattle US to Edmonton Canada.

I want to promote the sho on my way and I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions as to what I could do (something that's not gonna get me in toruble with local authorities prefferably)

Any suggestions let me know.
Deekman
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby Reenee » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:50 pm

Are you going to visit some friends? Are you going to some special event? It'd help as to what sort of situation you'll be in.
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby skie » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:11 pm

Seriously, word of mouth is the best thing ever for our show, it's how we have gotten as many listeners as we've had to date. Any gamers you meet, just drop the name "orange lounge" into their mind... we're so so easy to find out there now especially with iTunes.

I do know we badly badly need some shirts and we've been wanting to do it for a while unfortunatley it involves plunking down an investment up front (because i want something better quality than dumpy ol cafepress.com). so... we're hoping to have that soon, we might see if we can get enough people interested in a pre-order sort of thing, i'll talk with the other hosts about it :)

also, something i'm making for myself are business cards. i already have OLR business cards but they have my name & phone number on them so they aren't good for advertising :P i'm going to try and make some that just have the general orange lounge info on them. I'll see if I can't post them so you guys can d/l and print them yourselves if you want, would that be cool?

Anyway.... thanks a bunch for just wanting to spread the word. You're awesome :D
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Misty » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:41 pm

yes, i like the idea of t-shirts and i know that i'd pre-order one, even though shit happened and i'm gonna be more broke than usual... but you expected no less from me, huh? ~_^
Misty
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby Deekman » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:53 pm

Reenee wrote:Are you going to visit some friends? Are you going to some special event? It'd help as to what sort of situation you'll be in.

Going to be staying up there with my Girlfriend for the month.

I wanted to be advertising at the airports and around town that kind of thing. No special events just wanted to do some general advertising.

Yeah if you can get some cards up before the 1st of October (when I'm leaving) i'll print a bunch out and hand them out where ever i can.

Anyone mind if I can print up my own shirt or perhaps a set of stickers? (got most of the crap here to do it as it is so I can have a OLR sticker on my bag and who knows maybe stick one somewhere around Tokyo Airport :-P)
Deekman
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby Deekman » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:26 am

Ok (sorry for the double post)
I put a link to your site on my website in the news (we get over 1500 unique hits per day so I'm doin' my part for you guys )

Like I said if anyone can think up a way for me to advertise while I'm gone let me know.
Deekman
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby metroid_eater » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:43 pm

why use shirts when you can paint ORANGE LOUNGE RADIO on your ass and wear those pants Prince has (the ones with the buttocks cut out)
I would totally do that in Japan :D
Well, I would have to shave, since its like a jungle down there :oops:
metroid_eater
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby Misty » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:47 pm

o_O Um, 'cuz I like the idea of a t-shirt better?

EDIT: *w00ts becuase her 100th post wasn't in chat room quotes or the FU thread*
Misty
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby metroid_eater » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:11 am

awwwww, :cry: fine, I'll do it at work. They shouldnt mind. :twisted:
metroid_eater
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby Deekman » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:18 pm

Ok guys guess I can't get any advertising done (i leave in a few hours) hopefully I'll be able to download the show when i'm there!

Catch you guys later, next stop: Tokyo, Japan!
Deekman
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby AzNbuddypaul » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:14 pm

OLR Shirts hell yeah!
-Paulie
AzNbuddypaul
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Return to Random Chatter