Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

ParadoxVincent is PICASIO PICASIO

Get to know those other listeners of Orange Lounge Radio... maybe things you didn't even want to know about o_O

ParadoxVincent is PICASIO PICASIO

Postby ParadoxVincent » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:16 am

Hey everyone.
I've been suuuuuuuuper unactive.
Practically nonexistant.

But it's all because of this!
myspace.com/picasiopicasio

My DJ MySpace. Under the name PICASIO PICASIO
I just got the TorQ XPonent MIDI Controller and TorQ Program by M-AUDIO. It's basically a digital representation of turntables on your computer and a controller that is basically a representation of the TorQ screen.
Kind of confusing if you haven't dabbled in Audio or Computer Music.

But on there (and hopefully on another website soon) I'll release remixes, mixtapes, original songs etc. etc.

I'd LOVE it if you'd all add the profile and listen to my mixes. I'd love the support.

So thanks OLR! I'll update sometime soon.

Song details
Buffet Mix 1, Buffet Mix 3 and Protected are all mixtapes

Tomorrow Never Ever Knows is a DJ Shadow vs. The Beatles Mashup.

Blue Light (Gargle remix by PICASIO PICASIO) is a DEMO TRACK of a remix. The song is originally by Bloc party. It contains samples of Treach Battle Beat by DJ Shadow. It is NOWHERE near finished.
ParadoxVincent
New Listener
New Listener

Postby letshavetea » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:13 am

Remix all of Captain Jack's music. Then we'll talk. Also, is advertising like this really allowed?
letshavetea
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby ParadoxVincent » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:31 am

It's not advertisement. I'm planning to update this thread and discuss music with all of you, etc.
It's more of an artist's thread.
ParadoxVincent
New Listener
New Listener

Postby WarriorBob » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:41 pm

Eh, it's an OLR listener talking about stuff he does, I think it's okay.

I just tossed you an add Vincent, I'm listening to OLR and working on my own music right now so I'll check your mixtapes and such later on. What do you think of that Xponent? I've been looking at them for a while but I'm not too familiar with DJ work and I'm not sure how well something like that would work out. Do those little dials work for turntablism, or is it designed for more traditional DJ playback and mixing (beatmatching, etc)? Do you use that to play your shows, or do you have a traditional vinyl setup?

I love weird looking music controllers :)

Hey, is that a RADIAS I see in your picture? I'm jealous!
WarriorBob
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ParadoxVincent » Sun May 04, 2008 5:28 am

Hey everyone!! I've updated the page. I removed most of the songs and put up a new song from my Wavedash album called (888) 477-5594. And yes that's a real number, yes you should call it, and yes it's video game related. Some of you might even know what it is (keep it a secret hahaha).

@ WarriorBob. I think XPonent is awesome. But NOT on Leopard. I love it to death but M-Audio is being lazy as hell with the new drivers. Partially because with a little luck and some personal tech support, it actually works fine on Leopard, well, kind of fine. There are some weird problems, random stops and sometimes I have to restart the computer to get it to work. But hell, it worked fine on Vista and will probably work fine when M-Audio actually says it's alright for me to run my program on the computer I have XD

The jogwheels have touch sensitive surfaces that will work for scratching and turntablism. In fact, with the killswitch like crossfader buttons, you can crank the crossfader to Deck B and tap on the Deck A Killswitch to cut in Deck A's sound. You can easily do flares and stutters this way. Everything is super smooth and super loose, perfect for turntablisms. But honestly, I didn't buy this for turntablism, even though I do quite a look of it. It was auto beatmatch which is nice for when I see song and want it playing in mere seconds. it also has a simple auto repeat, which is a LIFESAVER for when I want to spin bemani music, because I can take those 1:50 long songs and turn them into 5:00 club hits simply by repeating every couple verses a few times. So XPonent is mainly designed for beatmatching and for that it is GREAT. I learned it in one night, honestly. It's all about the music.

Well when I spin I use XPonent and (you got it!) the RADIAS. I'm also grabbing a sample controller. But as for performing live, I don't yet. Hahahahaha. But so far it's just me and Ableton.
ParadoxVincent
New Listener
New Listener

Postby WarriorBob » Tue May 06, 2008 9:58 pm

Sorry to hear it's being a pain on Leopard. It'd work fine over here, I run Vista and Tiger myself. Of course, I run Tiger and not Leopard because I am a cheapskate, so of course I probably won't drop the case on an Xponent anytime soon, although it looks very cool and I'd love to learn to spin. Too much other music stuff I want to buy.

Thanks for the detailed review though! Definitely helpful to me if I ever get serious about it.

I just listened to (888) 477-5594. Neat song! Threw me off at first with all the distortion in the beginning but then the Mario part came in and I just couldn't not like it. Nice crunchy mixup of sounds. I haven't called the number yet.

Also hooray for Ableton. What kind of sample controller are you getting? Is it a MIDI controller/surface or is it like a full on sampler? Sampling is another technology I'd like to learn about.
WarriorBob
Supporter
Supporter

Postby LOKI » Wed May 07, 2008 5:17 pm

DJ Cat is DJing...

LOKI
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby WarriorBob » Sat May 10, 2008 10:48 pm

I bet it makes awesome scratch noises.
WarriorBob
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ParadoxVincent » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:39 am

Hey guys, I put a few more songs up.
Also, will be getting Ableton suite soon and I am EXCITED.
ParadoxVincent
New Listener
New Listener

Return to Random Chatter