Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Ghostbusters 3 FINALLY in the works

Get to know those other listeners of Orange Lounge Radio... maybe things you didn't even want to know about o_O

Ghostbusters 3 FINALLY in the works

Postby ssj100matt » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:03 pm

Big/HUGE news for Ghostbusters fans... Dan Aykroyd has confirmed that a Ghostbusters 3 movie is indeed in the works... Apparently a few years ago Aykroyd and Harold Ramis both wrote a sequel for the Ghostbusters series entitled Ghostbusters:Hellbent...

Now when they tried to get the original cast back together after it was written to actually make it, half of them including Bill Murray didn't want to do it for a multiple reasons (one of which being that its far too physically demanding to suit up the Proton Packs and run around Manhattan chasing ghosts again)...

But with the advancements in CGI animation and the less of a physical demand (actor wise) it requires, it seems that its a go...And it also seems that most of the cast is indeed up for it, including Bill Murray..

This information comes from an interview Dan Aykroyd did on a country music radio show... To hear the interview click on the link at the bottom... He also talks a little bit about the plot of the movie...

But anyways this is big news... I originally glanced at the script for Ghostbusters:Hellbent years ago and thought it was alright... But now that it seems to be going the CGI route im going to have to reread it again with this news in mind... I find this very odd that over the course of a month alot of Ghostbusters news have been circling around (from the Zootfly game to the Theme song being in iidx Gold)... It seems that the popularity from the game that Zootfly was/is working on has somewhat created a domino effect and now every GB nerds dream has come true...

I'm hoping that the quality of the CGI will be amazing... I would really like to see an "FF:Spirits Within" or "Advent Children" type of animation for this movie... And since both "Spirits Within" and "Advent Children" were done threw Sony Pictures it seems more likely that we may get that wish (since the fact Sony Pictures/Columbia Pictures does hold the rights to Ghostbusters)...

Either way big news... Because sometimes shit happens, someone has to deal with it and who are you gonna call?

Thoughts?

http://www.cisnfm.com/station/blog_mike ... &med=30179

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby DarkTetsuya » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:05 pm

Is this related to that game demo footage that was circulating the net about a week ago? I'm sure they'll want to have a movie-game tie-in if that's really the case.

DT
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby ssj100matt » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:19 pm

Thinking back to the actual script for Ghostbusters: Hellbent it now makes perfect sense why Sony ordered the game footage for the Zootfly game taken down so quickly...

The script was easily accessible (like most) over the net... So im sure Zootfly took many aspects from the script and put it in the game...

I dont want to disclose too much of the plot, but im sure if you heard Aykroyd's interview about the movie and how he talked about an "Alternate demension/Hell NYC" it make sense why Sony put a stop to it...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby ssj100matt » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:42 pm

News keeps coming in... Apparently Universal has bought the rights to the Zootfly Ghostbusters game... Apparently Aykroyd will voice his character in the game...

http://kotaku.com/gaming/ghostbusters/d ... 233724.php

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Return to Random Chatter