Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

ACen station pimping 07

Get to know those other listeners of Orange Lounge Radio... maybe things you didn't even want to know about o_O

ACen station pimping 07

Postby Misty » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:52 pm

Yeah, so I came up with my own idea for promoting the station this coming ACen. Was at a carnival supply store shortly after my transfer back to my BK of hiring, and was at the section of the store that has their collection of Mardi Gras-type beads. Saw the orange ones and got hit with the idea of stapling pieces of paper to them that had the site on them... but I don't really want to put just the URL, that'd be kinda boring, right? I would like some help thinking up some short... descriptions for lack of a better word in my sleep-deprived brain to put on the paper in addition to the URL.

EDIT: After listening to 212B again, I have this to say: Long story short, look for the orange jewelery and the blue and white kitty ears if you go to ACen and you don't know/remember what I look like.
Proud ACen masquerade gofer: 2006-2008
Reg Staff: 2009
I still vote for the fort. >.> :P

Looking for old episodes that aren't on your feed reader or the OLR PSP site? I'm probably one your best bets. ^.^

Misty
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby jongipson » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:11 pm

Hmm... well if you need a design, how about the olr mascot? i think its a ferret. Could you reexplain what your actualkmy trying to do tho real quick?
jongipson
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby Misty » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:10 pm

Not really certain how the shirt will come out, though I am picturing something similar to the idea in the OLR DVD thread...

(front: something like "OLRmy (orangeloungeradio.com) back: Misty #04)

For the handout, I found some orange mardi gras-type beads and i'm gonna staple a piece of paper to them that says (for example) "Bemani music and so much more. orangeloungeradio.com" to each strand.

Looking for old episodes that aren't on your feed reader or the OLR PSP site? I'm probably one your best bets. ^.^

Misty
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby jongipson » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:42 pm

Oh okay, i gotcha :D Heres an idea for the shirt. Have you seen the boxart for MCR's Black Parade CD? It could be something like that with an army of... something on the bottom, vector rays coming from the center , and OLR, or the url above :D I can sketch it quickly if that makes absolutely no sense XD
jongipson
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby Misty » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:33 pm

yeah, that makes absolutely no sense. ^^; could you post a sketch please?

Misty
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby ssj100matt » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:09 am

I believe Rob/Skie mentioned a t-shirt contest of some sorts on the horizon... I would hold onto any designs you might have till then...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby Misty » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:43 pm

*sigh* yeah, I think I remember something like that mentioned... but I am not really that kind of creative, plus i have been hearing (half-assedly, yes, but still) one thing or another for at least... hell, since i've been listening, and that'll be three years by the time i head out for ACen. for jongipson's idea, i was just requesting a sketch cuz i can't picture in my mind what he's trying to describe.

BTW, was at the party supply store near work again the other day and i took an inventory of the different orange things that i could use to promote the station. there were glitter-filled and neon bracelets (priced $.29 each or $2.79 a dozen), there were some coil bracelets ($.19 each or $1.89 a dozen. I've bought these before. i like them, but they seem to break too easily... maybe it's just the way i treat them ^^; ), coil keychain bracelets ($.39 each or $4 a dozen), and coin purse bracelets ($.99 each, was thinking about using these for in the game room)

Misty
Website Staff
Website Staff

Return to Random Chatter