Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

iPod Games

Get to know those other listeners of Orange Lounge Radio... maybe things you didn't even want to know about o_O

iPod Games

Postby krispykreme » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:11 pm

Did anyone see this? They are available through iTunes and are only for 5th Generation iPods. Games include:

Vortex
Tetris
Pac-Man
Cubis 2
Zuma
Texas Hold'em
Mini Golf
Mahjong
Bejeweled

*coughwantsatorrentcough*
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby Eddy » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:38 pm

Isn't it 6th generation? I thought Video was 5th....
Eddy
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby krispykreme » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:02 pm

Eddy wrote:Isn't it 6th generation? I thought Video was 5th....
They are for video.
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby sephiroth1215 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:47 pm

meh I don't really care about this....................ever play solitare on an ipod? is it just my luck or is it hard to actually get hands that you can work with?
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby YURILOVER » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:02 am

sephiroth1215 wrote:meh I don't really care about this....................ever play solitare on an ipod? is it just my luck or is it hard to actually get hands that you can work with?
I've actually won a couple times on solitairepod. I think this is sorta a rip off because I know you can get bejewled on LinuxPod and the other firmware thing.
Click All Zig.
YURILOVER
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby jbean3535 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:52 am

YURILOVER wrote:
sephiroth1215 wrote:meh I don't really care about this....................ever play solitare on an ipod? is it just my luck or is it hard to actually get hands that you can work with?
I've actually won a couple times on solitairepod. I think this is sorta a rip off because I know you can get bejewled on LinuxPod and the other firmware thing.

Ive won once
jbean3535
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby krispykreme » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:08 am

jbean3535 wrote:
YURILOVER wrote:

Ive won once
I've won so many times I can't remember. If I had to guess I would say 100 or so. And on Brick my high score is 735.
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby Fireboma » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:02 pm

My friend bought Pac-Man yesterday, and it looks pretty impressive. The only bad thing though is the click wheel makes it very hard to manuver, which lead to his poor Pac-Man's demise many, many times.
Fireboma
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby ctbx » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:48 pm

The iPod is a music player. I bought one so I could play music on it. Not pictures, not video, just music (even though mine is a 5G Video iPod). If I want to play games on the go, I'll just bring along my DS or PSP. If I want to see photos or videos, I'll bring along my PSP, which does both of those things better than an iPod can.

Sorry, Apple, but this is the stupidest idea ever. Fix the battery life, add a bigger screen, add some form of input other than the click wheel and maybe you'll have a winner. Or, just focus on what the iPod does best: music. (I mean, come on, 5G iPods lose battery life rapidly whenever they are doing anything other than playing music.)
ctbx
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby PkerUNO » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:54 pm

Don't play the games then.
PkerUNO
PkerUNO
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby sephiroth1215 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:19 am

Yeah I just played solitare because I was curious, then I couldn't win and I couldn't let that go.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby ctbx » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:07 pm

PkerUNO wrote:Don't play the games then.

In case you can't tell from my above post, I'm not playing the games. I'm just giving my opinion on the subject.
ctbx
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby PkerUNO » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:45 pm

Of course, but the fact is that most devices will have extra features which you may or may not use. If you don't like the games, many people will, and the battery life doesn't change if you don't use them. Apple upgraded the batteries and screens anyway, so they've done more than just add games. :D
PkerUNO
PkerUNO
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby ctbx » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:51 pm

PkerUNO wrote:Apple upgraded the batteries and screens anyway, so they've done more than just add games. :D

That's true. I guess the people who really want to play games will buy the updated iPod, since Apple has probably already suckered them into buying every new iPod that is released anyway. I still don't see how they can justify using the click wheel as input for games, though. I had a hard enough time trying to play Solitaire with the click wheel.

Maybe they'll release some controller thing that you can plug into the port on the bottom of the iPod. Or maybe they'll just stick to simple games that can be played with just the click wheel. Only Apple know$ for sure!!! :D
ctbx
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Return to Random Chatter